LiteOn in the dark

Hi, Approx 4-6 months ago I purchased a LVW 5116GHC stand alone burner. I thought by the reviews and for the price it would be the greatest thing since slice bread. But unfortunately it has been a let down. I have copied from VHS to DVD some home movies this went pretty smooth. During the playback if I tried to FF or Skip ahead I would loose audio, but if I were to go the the beginning the audio would come back. The funny thing is I could play the disc thought the chapters without FF or Skip and the audio is fine. I would if it could be a firmware issue or media issue.Well I tried using a firmware Hack by a Mr. Wizard in order to remove the MV. I have some old VHS films I would like to convert to DVD. This was not sucessful in removing the MV. Now as I understand I cannot upgrade again or something like that due to the Hack of the firmware. I’m wondering if I should sell this unit and start again or is there some hardware I could purchased to defeat MV? Also whats with this audio issue? Oh yeh… I tried to contact LiteOn tech support, but they were not to helpful about the audio issue. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Transferring to LiteOn section of DVD Recorder and Home Entertainment…