Liteon iHES212 3 Firmware

vbimport

Has someone got an unscrambled firmware EL14 for this drive ??.
Since letting SmartPack update the drive to JL03 (latest) ,Lightscribe has decided to be completely non functional.
I have a copy of EL14.exe but it refuses to update / downgrade the drive, it simply states ( as does JL03.exe) " No Matched Drives Detected" although it states drive name and version correctly.
I tried everthing I know ,any help appreciated.
Cheers.

Forgot to mention everything else about the drive works flawlessly.
Is there a crossflash possibility on this drive ? ,
Try as I might I can’t find much about this drive on the web apart from the usual stuff.

OK update time.
Replaced drive with iHAS524 ,good thing or bad I’m not yet sure ,gonna miss the BluRay but drive was needed urgently.
Will dismantle the unit and see if anything obvious shows it’s self .

Did you try different lightscribe software to see if the glitch was on that side of the equation?

Tried various softwares for the lightscribe ,Nero ,Lightscribe ,Surething ,and dvdscribe.
Nothing seamed to work ,.
Drive recognises the discs ( various brands ,cd and dvd ) and that the drive is lightscribe capable ,says it’s printing, then nothing for about 2 -3 minutes before error 4225 appears.
I’m sure it worked before firmware update to JL03 ,now if I try to flash it says ," No Matched Drives Detected".
I think Liteon srewed the update.
Damn shame it was a good drive and I miss the BluRay ,well for now anyway till finances allow another purchase.

As the drive does not use the MediaTek chipsets typical of LiteOn drives (it instead uses a SUNEXT SC6330C), you may not have any success reverting the firmware unless one of LiteOn’s flashers can be unlocked to allow downgrading.

You could theoretically get an enclosure for the iHES drive to still allow for Blu-ray use when you want, though I don’t know if you’d just prefer to replace it with an iHBS212 or other BD-capable drive when funds allow.

As a last resort, you might try the method described in here: http://club.myce.com/f44/liteon-ihas124-fix-if-you-upgraded-8l0a-330981/, essentially the equivalent of miss-flashing the drive on purpose in order to put the drive in boot mode and then once in boot mode try flashing the original EL14 firmware on it, which under those circumstances it would [U]probably [/U]accept.

It is a more risky method, but it might work. If you do it, you do it at your own risk!

It is very strange what LiteOn has done with these drives, having two different firmware roots EL1x and JL0x and allowing one to flash over the other … you might want to contact LiteOn and ask them for a fix … it is their mess in the first place …

The putting Drive into core mode method will not work because the Write Flash button of FU is greyed.

Here is EL14.bin firmware. You can use LtnFlash v2.6.11to flash it back.

[QUOTE=2601;2674086]The putting Drive into core mode method will not work because the Write Flash button of FU is greyed.

Here is EL14.bin firmware. You can use LtnFlash v2.6.11to flash it back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, 2601 :clap:

Thank you soooooo much , I will give it go later and post result.

CVS
Thank you also.
I did contact LiteOn via email ,and to be honest they are as much use as a chocolate teapot ,they said it was prob not compatable with my operating system ,good old MS windows 7.

YYEESS.
Well would you believe it ,thank you all very much.
EL14 loaded and Lightscribe back in action ,I now have me BluRay back in PC.
It would appear JL03 is a bad flash or Litey stuffed up with the firmware.
Thanks again.
You can allways trust someone here to help out ,it’s good to be a part of it occasionaly.

Excellent. Thanks for making us aware of this buggy firmware(or SmartPack blunder).

Having just checked for update today with Smartpack ,it tells me there is no firmware updates available.
What I wonder happed to troublesome JL03 ???.

hi yall,

I have the same problem with the non-working lightscribe after flashing JL03… The link to the EL14.bin has expired, would you please post the file again.

Thank you,

[QUOTE=etebari-sf;2680105]hi yall,

I have the same problem with the non-working lightscribe after flashing JL03… The link to the EL14.bin has expired, would you please post the file again.

Thank you,[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum, etebari-sf.

Sorry to hear that Lite-on’s blunder tripped you up, too. I think that we should host the file to keep it available for anyone else that needs this help. Fortunately, I did grab a copy. And here is a link to EL14.bin that will not expire :). As well as a local link to LtnFlash v2.6.11 to flash the .bin firmware.

Thanks, 2601 :flower:

Thank you deanwitty, it worked great…

[QUOTE=etebari-sf;2680204]Thank you deanwitty, it worked great…[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome. Glad I could help.