Liteon iHBS112, iHBS212, iHBS312

vbimport

Drive without bus encryption can be flashed with 2nd generation firmwares (made for drives with bus encryption) and will work fine with them, but bus encryption will not appear.

[B]Just for information.[/B]

Updating 1st generation BWU-500S with 2nd generation firmware (1.66 to 2.63) isn’t possible, at least not using official EXE. Get an error message saying “No matched drive detected…” (the BWU-500S is listed under detected drives).

Guess it’s possible using BIN firmware, but probably nothing to gain as the official flashers have similar file modified dates. 2.63 is 21/03/2012 and 1.66 is 23/03/2012 (firmware date for 1.66 is 07/02/2012).

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the firmware date for 2.63? (as shown in Flash Utility, LtnFlash etc.)

Does anyone have a HP BD335[B]E[/B] firmware BIN?

I’ve been trying to make a backup (YH23), but I can’t get DOSFlash to read the firmware. All I get is an error message - unknown flash chip (can’t remember the exact wording).

I tried removing the HP drive from the enclosure and connecting it directly to a Silicon Image SATA controller and the IDE controller via a JMicron bridge board with 2 different computers (XP 32-bit, so no unsigned driver issues), but nothing works.

The problem appears to be with DOSFlash, not the HP drive (which is unmodified & fully working), as I had the same problem with a Lite-On SHM-165P6S installed in one of the computers.

Thanks. :flower:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2741515]Does anyone have a HP BD335[B]E[/B] firmware BIN?
[/QUOTE]

Here it is: http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/4718622/file.html

Thank you very much for that CVS. :flower::bow:

I was up most of the night trying to make DOSFlash work. Reading the EEPROM was OK (8KB & looks fine in a hex editor), but no luck at all with DOSFlash.

Are you able to upload the firmware for Plextor PX-B950UE (or LB) and Lite-On eHBU312 as well? :flower: And do you know their EEPROM codes?

I was intending to crossflash the HP drive (confirmed as 2nd generation, Bus Encryption) to an IHBS112 by modifying the EEPROM code from BC to BD as described in the EEPROM Tool thread & using the unlocked flasher. But it would be nice to have external firmware on the drive (if only for neatness).

Thanks again. :flower:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2741539]
Are you able to upload the firmware for Plextor PX-B950UE (or LB) and Lite-On eHBU312 as well? :flower: And do you know their EEPROM codes?
[/QUOTE]

I’ve got a *.bin for the eHBU312 2 (VL16) and I have uploaded a copy here: http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/14854341/file.html

The EEPROM code is B5.

I’ve got all the flashers, but I haven’t got the bins for the PX-B950UE, PX-LB950UE or the eHBU212 2. I would suspect that they have the same code as their internal counterparts: B7 (for both Plextors) and respectively BE. Maybe blackened2687 will extract them for you if you ask him nicely :slight_smile:

(and while we’re on the topic, anyone up to writing a lengthy post of what all this means – including tiny details such as the EEPROM differences-- and how you could crossflash? or if there are a collection of posts, could someone point me in the right direction? I want to be able to sort of add a guide to the FAQ, or at least make a sticky on the topic, but I have never actually fooled with any of the Bluray drives).

[QUOTE=cvs;2741541]I’ve got a *.bin for the eHBU312 2 (VL16) and I have uploaded a copy here: http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/14854341/file.html

The EEPROM code is B5.

I’ve got all the flashers, but I haven’t got the bins for the PX-B950UE, PX-LB950UE or the eHBU212 2. I would suspect that they have the same code as their internal counterparts: B7 (for both Plextors) and respectively BE. Maybe blackened2687 will extract them for you if you ask him nicely :)[/QUOTE]
Thank again CVS, you’re a star. :flower:

Interesting, my BWU-500S is ‘BE’ as well. There doesn’t seem to be a logical pattern to these EEPROM codes.

@Albert - Good idea. Something like this this. It would be good to include the firmware dates - the main reason to crossflash a rebadge is newer firmware.

[Off-topic: I think the BD-R blank media: Which manufacturer hides behind the Labels? thread should be made a sticky as well.]

Job done. One of the easiest crossflashes I can remember, even with the EEPROM editing. It was certainly easier than buying the drive in the first place - the one I ordered from amazon never arrived, had to find another one (and pay more).

A big thank you to CVS for the firmware & ID code, Anywhere for the information posted in the EEPROM thread and Codeguys for writing the EEPROM tool. (I see C0deKing has been back and changed his avatar a few days ago, nice to known he still visits.)

Here are the bins for the PX-B950UE, PX-LB950UE and eHBU212 2 drives as well:

Thank you, you’re a [S]star[/S] super nova. :flower::flower::bow::bow:

Once I’ve got bored of the bugs in Opti Drive Control, I can start exploring the bugs in PlexUtilities. :iagree:

Can anyone confirm what the EEPROM code is for the [B]PX-B950UE[/B]?

I have successfully crossflashed to the PX-[B]L[/B]B950UE (using the files provided by [B]CVS[/B]) by changing the EEPROM code to B7. But when I try to flash to PX-B950UE I always end up with a blinking light.

Thanks.

I keep having problems with my external drive (crossflashed HP BD335e, 2nd generation drive, although it doesn’t seem to be due to any particular firmware).

Even when connected via USB3 it just can’t maintain a full buffer (4x or 6x speed selected) and ends up writing at a very slow speed (<2x) with much stopping & starting. The enclosure appears to be bog-standard Lite-On.

Any ideas?

The computer should be able to maintain a sufficient data rate for the selected speed. There is nothing else running and it can sustain >100MB/s when copying over the network. I had no such problems with my Optiarc (1st generation iHBS) at 4x in a USB2 enclosure. I’m starting to wonder if the HP drive might possibly be faulty.

Is this while burning with any particular software? & Is a TRT of previously-written discs affected?

There are no problems with transfer rate tests.

Strangely, with a DVD+R disc I get a USB3 burst rate of 31.6MB, but with a BD-R it can only achieve 19MB at best (but sometimes as little as 12MB). :confused:

Although on second thoughts, that may be due to the size of the BD-R/RE discs not being detected correctly (I don’t have any pressed Blu-ray discs to test with). With both of my iHBS clones, both Opti Drive Control & CD Speed almost always get things wrong. They start reading/scanning ~118MB too early and think that the disc is full even when it is not. TRTs initially start very slowly then jump to normal speed after a hundred megabytes or so, and stop before the indicated ‘end’ of the disc. And the disc size has to adjusted manually for scanning, otherwise it shows an impossibly high error rate at the start & end.

I have been using Nero 8 (I need to leave the disc open, so ImgBurn isn’t an option). It works fine with my other Blu-ray drives (Optiarc & BDR-206) in a USB2 enclosure, and no problems with the HP drive writing to BD-RE.

[~18GB written to disc]

[QUOTE=Ibex;2746028]Can anyone confirm what the EEPROM code is for the [B]PX-B950UE[/B]?

I have successfully crossflashed to the PX-[B]L[/B]B950UE (using the files provided by [B]CVS[/B]) by changing the EEPROM code to B7. But when I try to flash to PX-B950UE I always end up with a blinking light.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try B5 and see if that works or not… that’s the code eHBU312 external drives use, so its worth giving it a try.

If that doesn’t work, maybe go for the trial and error method and check all 16 possible ‘Bx’ combinations, where x = 0…F (hex set values).

Success. [B]B8[/B] does the trick for the PX-B950 firmware.

Thanks.

^Just to clarify, that’s the Plextor PX-B950[B]UE[/B] firmware.

I have a Liton Ihbs112-04 bluray writer that can write but can not read. The story is: I am new in bluray writing and after I red some in the theme this forum and a hungarian forum I bought a Pioneer BDR 209EBK and after that for quality check with ODC this used Liteon burner. It came with the PL01 firmware and from start it could check some 50 GB Tayo Yuden discs (by the known speed selection trick) but could not read some JVC Victor 50GBs, both are HTLs. I thought it was a firmware problem so I upgraded to PL06 with Smartpack. Afther this the ihbs112 could not read the Tayo-s either. I saw some posts here there were problems with the Ihbs 112-04s and PL06 and found on the forum a saved PL01 and (from fellow cvs) that how can I downgrade to Pl01 with the unlocked al18 flasher, so I did. Now I can write both type bluray discs but can not read them. For example Imgburn write the discs but can not verify them. The ihbs112 do not get ready with them, Imgburn tells “incompatible medium” or “no reference point found”. Very rearly the burner accept some written disc. I thought the cause is a hardware problem or the fw upgrade-downgrade. I cleaned the lens no changing. It is the same with the Pl05 firmware.
I do not know it is normal or not the progression bar during firmware upgrade is climbing slowly to about half of its way then jumps to the end after that the process seems normal.
Could somebody help any suggestion what I should try?

Do CD and DVD work like normal?

It reads cd,dvd,cdr,dvdr,dvdr_dl,dvd_re. I am writing an iso to dvd_re now. Now it is ready and OK. I have not told that maybe it counts I am using the burner across usb2. I am using the Pioneer 209ebk the same without problems.