Liteon iHBS112, iHBS212, iHBS312

vbimport

All my discs are Aone PHILIPRO4 and were burnt on Liteon iHBS212 which has now been replaced with Liteon iBHS312. I was unaware of the differences in quality of media until finding this site while looking for reviews on Liteon iBHS312. I was also unaware that I could scan a disc to check for problems. I assumed that once a disc was burnt and played back without any issues that there was nothing to worry about.
I have now scanned two discs which were burnt about a year ago. This is the first time I have scanned so I’m not sure if I have followed the correct procedure but I would really like to know if my data will be safe on these discs or if I should copy again.

Looks still good, these media shouldn´t make probs so far, but you should rescan it in some months and compare with older scans

Also, I fully support the idea of “if it plays back fine, then it’s probably fine for you”. But sometimes you can predict problems by use of a scan or transfer rate test. (Other times, the problems are not directly visible until you try the disc in many types of hardware).

BD-players use a low speed to read the media. You never know whether the error-correction have to do it´s best to play the media because it won´t slow noticeable down.
Maybe in some months it´s over with playing fine

I think even a TRT give more info about the quality, except you have a very slow drive like the IHOS104

Scans can also show probs at the start of the media, TRT have the disadvantage of the low start speed

Verbatim CD-R CMC Made in China
Lite-on iHBS 212
fw.HL05
ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 x32

Verbatim CD-R CMC Made in China
Lite-on iHBS 212
fw.HL05
Nero 2014 x32

FORTIS BD-R 25 CMC Made in Tajwan
MID: INFOMER30
Lite-on iHBS -212 fw.HL05
ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 x4

To bad that this mediacode is very rare here. I don´t want to order if I´m not sure to get Philips-media with RITEK instead of Infome

czary2mary1, scanning BluRay discs at 2x is too low and not only that it takes longer but it skews the results in the wrong direction (they appear to be better than they really are, as scanning at such low speeds is much less challenging for the drive). That makes it difficult to compare your scans to other people’s scans. The ‘default’ scanning speed for BluRay discs is 4x. Personally, since I’m a bit more picky and I prefer to raise the bar a bit higher than that, and since my scanning drive is quite a good reader too, I scan my BluRays at 6x. If the more challenging 6x scan speed still gives a good result, then I have a higher degree of confidence in that media and of course I save quite a bit of time in the process, since I normally tend to scan almost every disc I burn.

For DVDs the default scan speed is 8x.

[QUOTE=cvs;2708522]czary2mary1, scanning BluRay discs at 2x is too low and not only that it takes longer but it skews the results in the wrong direction (they appear to be better than they really are, as scanning at such low speeds is much less challenging for the drive). That makes it difficult to compare your scans to other people’s scans. The ‘default’ scanning speed for BluRay discs is 4x. Personally, since I’m a bit more picky and I prefer to raise the bar a bit higher than that, and since my scanning drive is quite a good reader too, I scan my BluRays at 6x. If the more challenging 6x scan speed still gives a good result, then I have a higher degree of confidence in that media and of course I save quite a bit of time in the process, since I normally tend to scan almost every disc I burn.

For DVDs the default scan speed is 8x.[/QUOTE]

Only constant read speed for the whole gives a figure of certain errors (BD x2 and DVD x4CLV)
 The BD x8 we often then IHBS correction performance score.(See jitter)

TDK BD-R CMC Tajwan
Nero 2014 burn x6

Scan OptiDriveControl x2

Scan OptiDriveControl x8

Burner: PLEXTOR PX-LB950SA (iHBS212)
FW: 1.04 (2nd gen)
Burn Speed: 6x
Media: Verbatim DataLife 6x BD-R Printable (25pk spindle, 43811, MiT)
MID: CMCMAGBA5 (000)

Not as good as the burns produced by the BH16NS40 (http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-bh16ns40-wh16ns40-bh16ns48-330609/#post2709859), BDR-208M (http://club.myce.com/f87/pioneer-bdr-208-s08xlt-208d-208m-208e-u-j-xj-2208-bdr-s08-s08j-xlb-329893/#post2709842) or BDR-207M (http://club.myce.com/f87/pioneer-bdr-207d-m-j-e-s07j-xl-xlt-2207-a-325693/#post2709950) on this particular media.

From my tests so far, the best burner for this media is the BH16NS40 with the BDR-208M taking second place. It doesn’t often manage to beat other burners, but the BH16NS40 really loves CMC media and does a very good job on this particular MID…

Looks like the Verbatim have better CMC-media than my Platinum.

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2709965]Looks like the Verbatim have better CMC-media than my Platinum.[/QUOTE]

As I said here: http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-bh16ns40-wh16ns40-bh16ns48-330609/#post2709966, I think the problem in your case was that you were using a 1st gen firmware by the look of it …

Nope, were typos:

Used my text from older posts, saw it to late

Panasonic 2x BD-R
Branded
MEIT01 (Made in Japan)
iHBS112-2 (PL06)
[B]OPC on[/B]
Burned at 2x
Final scan with PX-LB950SA using PlexUtilities

[QUOTE=jadburner;2711707]Panasonic 2x BD-R
Branded
MEIT01 (Made in Japan)
iHBS112-2 (PL06)
[B]OPC on[/B]
Burned at 2x
Final scan with PX-LB950SA using PlexUtilities[/QUOTE]

LtnFlash jitter scans for this burn…

Panasonic 2x BD-R
Branded
MEIT01 (Made in Japan)
iHBS112-2 (PL06)
[B]OPC off[/B]
Burned at 2x
Final scan with PX-LB950SA using PlexUtilities

[QUOTE=jadburner;2711710]Panasonic 2x BD-R
Branded
MEIT01 (Made in Japan)
iHBS112-2 (PL06)
[B]OPC off[/B]
Burned at 2x
Final scan with PX-LB950SA using PlexUtilities[/QUOTE]

LtnFlash jitter scans for this burn…

Burner: iHBS112
Firmware: PL06
Media: Microboards 4x BD-R white inkjet hub printable (MIT)
MID: CMCMAGBA3
Stamper Code: CMBR4DV4 J1001-06 0200
Hub Serial: BRF605PE14130813 A53A R2
Burn Speed: 4x
Burning Software: Opti Drive Control 1.70

For those interested, looking back around the time of my last post here (890), I had some concerns about the quality of the scans I was doing on my media (Falcon branded and unbranded) but the general consensus was that as long as the disks “work” ignore the scans and use them. Well, I had a requirement today to grab some files off multiple disks burned over the last year. I could copy about 80% of the files I tried. In some cases, files that would result in a read error were towards the end of a disk and in other cases, if I tried to make the iHBS312 read the disks at all, the whole drive would lock up. Other disks were fine. Keep in mind that in all cases, I tossed any burns that didn’t look acceptable. I can only hope that you are all checking the longevity of your burns on BR. I truly am at the point that I do not trust BR media at all now. I will likely have to throw in the towel on this sort of media and go magnetic from now on as I simply can’t afford the time to “faff” around with burns. There is no way anything I burned should have degraded so quickly (or was never good to begin with), especially not when I was paying so much attention to quality of media and appropriate burn settings. In any case, certainly appreciate the information provided by this forum. In the past, when I started out on learning how to do quality burns on DVD media, this place was an absolute godsend.