Liteon iHBS112, iHBS212, iHBS312

vbimport

It could be worth trying to scan these at 4X rather than 8X. I find 8X has tended to overstate errors with my iHBS312

SonyCD-R MBI India
MID: 97m17s06f
NERO 2014 x 32
Lite-on iHBS -212 fw.HL05

Platinium DVD-R
MID: RITEKF1
NERO 2014 x8

FORTIS BD-R 25 CMC Made in Tajwan
MID: INFOMER30

NERO 2014 x4

ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 x4

My 4x scan of the last disc is a littler better. The average values are down but the peaks are a bit higher.

The bigger BIS spikes are probably from small specs of dust / debris on the disc. They could be on the disc after it was burned, or they could have been on the disc before it was burned.

Not sure, it seems to be typical for Panasonic-media

On the other hand, if I compare with something like RITEKBR3 it´s easier to see those spikes on Panasonic because the average LDC is much lower

There is no dust on the disc, at least nothing visible. I will probably make things worse if I try to wipe it so I’ll leave it as it is.

The only thing that bothers me (besides that spike at 19G) is the fact that I’ve made three burns of those discs and each one is slightly worse than the previous. Maybe I was just lucky at fist ? We’ll see…

RITEK-BR3-000 (Sold as TDK 25GB 6X BD-R Inkjet Printable by Blank-discs.com on Amazon.co.uk)
IHBS112 2 PL05
Burned at 4x IMGBURN

First two discs in spindle.

WTH, TDK seems to be buy the worst media around.

Reminds me of my 4x TDK with PhilipR04

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2707076]WTH, TDK seems to be buy the worst media around.

Reminds me of my 4x TDK with PhilipR04

I will update my firmware to PL06 and try a couple with OPC off but those first two off the spindle were shocking.

Don´t think that would help. It´s not a FW or speed-problem if you burn at 4x. Max. speed is reached shortly after beginning, it looks like a media-prob

I tried my 4x TDK with different burners, no change to burn it ok if I burn more than 21GB.
My other PHILIPR04 don´t had this prob, it was TDK-specific

Yeah I can see some light-coloured spots on those discs which correspond roughly with where I would expect those bad areas to be. Seems like the discs are good for most of the surface but then have some really bad patches due to poor QC.

I did a third burn with OPC off and new FW and it looks better but probably just the variability in the media. Looking at the disc closely I can see three pinhole sized light-coloured spots probably corresponding to those spikes.

RITEK-BR3-000
IHBS112 2 PL06
Burned at 6x IMGBURN
Third disc in spindle

I just wanted to try them out and I won’t bother buying again.

Without these spikes it would look like one of the better BR3. But still I don´t thrust BR3 or TDK.

Dunno the prices in other countries, but in Germany you pay for TDK prices you can get Sony or Verbatim. Other BR3-media you can get for the half price of TDK

My 10-pcs-cakebox from TDK had MBI, which is also max. medicro-media

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2707097]

Dunno the prices in other countries, but in Germany you pay for TDK prices you can get Sony or Verbatim. Other BR3-media you can get for the half price of TDK
[/QUOTE]
It was €17 for 25 spindle.

Cheapest here is 21,99€ for the 4x (awful PHILIPR04), 6x only avaible in 10pcs-cakebox, cheapest 12,90€ (MBI).

To expensive for the “quality”

RITEK-BR3-000 (Sold as TDK 6x Printable)
IHBS112 2 PL06
Burned at 6x IMGBurn (OPC off)
4th disc in spindle

New to scanning discs and am looking for information regarding the purpose of such. Is it to enable you to test how long the discs will last or to let you know if you need to burn a disc again? The reason I ask is that I have hundreds of home movies and tv shows recorded onto discs with code PHILIPR04 which from what I’ve read seem to be very bad. I am now wondering if I would be best to copy them again onto other media.

[QUOTE=arty1;2707710]New to scanning discs and am looking for information regarding the purpose of such. Is it to enable you to test how long the discs will last or to let you know if you need to burn a disc again? The reason I ask is that I have hundreds of home movies and tv shows recorded onto discs with code PHILIPR04 which from what I’ve read seem to be very bad. I am now wondering if I would be best to copy them again onto other media.[/QUOTE]

It’s to see one view of how the disc currently is, and consider re-burning if results are not good. (There is also an argument that a bad burn may play today, but should it degrade any, you’ll have an unusable disc sooner rather than later).

Don´t have BD for long time, so I´m not sure. Media with this code seems to have huge differences in burn quality, could be the same with longevity.

If I have a bad burn, I burn it again with other media. Can only hope thta not both types of media are that bad after some time

arty1, do you have a Liteon for scanning?

Some guys think a transferrate is enough, but I think not so. Most of mky burns, except some TDK with PHILIPR04 have always a nice transferrate, even with my fastest drive that read em up to 12x. I think a drive that only can do 8x max. is unusable for any tests. If it fail it´s to late to read the media