Liteon iHBS112 BD-ReWriter Review

vbimport

I just posted the article Liteon iHBS112 BD-ReWriter Review.

The iHBS112 is LiteON’s first 12x BLU-RAY ReWriter and myce is proud to review it.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/liteon-ihbs112-bd-rewriter-review-32890/](http://www.myce.com/review/liteon-ihbs112-bd-rewriter-review-32890/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Please test more Blu-ray media. Burning 3-4 types at 2x or 4x doesn’t quite cut it.

yeah, some Verbatim and TDK 6x BD-R and BD-R DL media would be better tests as most people don’t want to burn at 2x or 4x.

The BIG issue with Liteon iHBS112 is the fact that it does not work with BD-R LTH discs.

It is a new burner and the odd thing is the old Liteon DH-4B1S worked with LTH even though you needed a firmware upgrade. That was before LTH disc where on the market, but now you would expect all new Blu-Ray burners to work with LTH discs. 2x is slow but media is cheap, a lot of people will like LTH becaus of the media price.

Supposedly it works with LtH media from TY.

This are all the media that i have, if i get some more media with a higher speed i will update the review.
You can also view this thread for more.

@Dennis_Olof
Yes it was disappointing that the drive failed to burn the LTH discs, i hope that a new firmware will fix this.

Good NEWS.

Wrote to the people at Liteon IT Support.

As I write this they informed me that they are working on a new firmware that will support LTH BD-R discs and it will be in the next firmware release. When it will be released I don’t know but I guess it will be out soon enough.

So thats it, this drive is the the one to buy. Getting it asap.

Thanks for a great review :slight_smile:

Thanks for the review.

The quality scans look horrible in my eyes, or is it just me? I guess, low quality scores and yellow/red peaks are bad.

I wouldn’t put too much faith in the BD quality scans. It has yet to be shown that any of these drives are actually accurate in this regard.

How can a drive support writing at a higher speed than reading?

Hmm … the discs wobble too much to be able to read them, but focussing a laser on them, and burning a hole in the dye is fine … seriously? WTF?

[QUOTE=Im a PC;2537124]I wouldn’t put too much faith in the BD quality scans. It has yet to be shown that any of these drives are actually accurate in this regard.[/QUOTE]

Uhm… Okay, but wouldn’t that be even worse? :bigsmile:
Red peaks, okay, shit happens… But no reliable quality scans at all? Sounds not good :eek:

got an email from Liteon telling that a new firmware upgrade CL06 should be already available via SmartPack.
im keep trying but it doesnt find anything new…
Anyway i really hope they fixed those bugs,some of them are really “heavy”.
Wasted many bd that arent read by my samsung 1500 while Liteon can read it perfectly

I also checked today with smartpack and i also got the same result, No new firmware is available for this drive.

yeah finally! tryed few minutes ago and here we go new firmware available via smartpack

as you can see its called “CL0B”, i’ve installed it and lets hope they fixed all

no way liteon! tryed to burn a verbatim LTH with nero 8.3.2.1 and no way
still got that error at the beginning of burning:
“its not possible to use Disk-at-once mode” and stopped

so what did they really fixed? meanwhile ANOTHER bd wasted.

Try at 2x…

[QUOTE=chef;2538734]Try at 2x…[/QUOTE]

yup i can only burn at that speed.cant set lower or higher. Meanwhile i tryed that bd (only ~350mb were written) with imgburn and i was able to write something into. Yet still not playable with my bluray player.

Anyway dont know why Nero gave me that error :confused:

anyway i’ve been able to burn the same media with Imgburn with no problems! Finally. Also because i like more Imgburn then Nero (still wondering whats happened tho)
Liteon suggest me to that the drive could be fault,but hows that? Since imgburn can make perfect disk

Nice, subscribing to thread!

[QUOTE=Gymno;2538757]yup i can only burn at that speed.cant set lower or higher. Meanwhile i tryed that bd (only ~350mb were written) with imgburn and i was able to write something into. Yet still not playable with my bluray player.

Anyway dont know why Nero gave me that error :confused:[/QUOTE]

I have no crystal ball!

Start with posting a FULL log.