LiteOn iHBS112/212/312 Crossflashing & Firmware: Looking for a few tips?

vbimport

The Tool don’t run on my Windows in SATA/Raid Mode (AppCrash). I have installed a new W7x64 in SATA/IDE Mode on another Machine, the tool (iHAS324-B-AL18, 1.249.280 Bytes) says only
"No matched drive detected ! … only for ATAPI iHAS324 B drive " and exiting.

OK Wait, i have not drag the Bin File to the Exe…

[QUOTE=toralf;2750437]The Tool don’t run on my Windows in SATA/Raid Mode (AppCrash). I have installed a new W7x64 in SATA/IDE Mode on another Machine, the tool (iHAS324-B-AL18, 1.249.280 Bytes) says only
"No matched drive detected ! … only for ATAPI iHAS324 B drive " and exiting.[/QUOTE]
Did you drag the Plextor firmware .bin file onto the AL18.exe flasher? I do not mean open the AL18.exe flasher yourself; drag and drop the .bin file onto the AL18.exe file, which will make the window appear like below:

[QUOTE=azjazz;2678608]

[ul]
[li]…
[/li][li]…
[/li][li]Upgrade your Asus to the PL01 firmware by dragging the [B]PL01.bin[/B] onto the [B]iHAS324-B-AL18.exe[/B] file. (You can also do right-click “Copy” of the PL01.bin file, and then right-click “Paste” onto the iHAS324-B-AL18.exe file)
[/li]
[B]Note:[/B] The iHAS324-B-AL18.exe firmware updater will then run, and you should see this:

When you press “Yes”, and then select “Update”, you will see something like this:

[B]Note:[/B] If you don’t see a dialog box that says you are updating from v1.03 to PL01, [B]STOP HERE[/B]. You may damage your drive if you try to rewrite your firmware and your computer doesn’t show the proper versions. [/ul]
[/QUOTE]

…If that does not work…
Can you flash back to TEAC successfully?

Thanks for quick Response, that was my fault ! (i have not Drag n’ drop the Firmware to the Exe) !

:bow: Thanks at all, it works. Now is’t a PB-B950UE with a TEAC Label.

[U]Shortly my experience with the Drive:[/U]

• Crossflashing to another model works only with the unlocker Utility
  • the unlocker Utility need a functional drive
  • Reanimation of a inoperable device works only with the DOSFlash Tool

[U]My steps for the reanimation:[/U]

• Restore Firmware from Backup with DOSFlash
  • Restore EEPROM from Backup with EEPROM Utility
  • Power the drive off/on

[U]My steps for crossflashing:[/U]

• Backup the EEPROM
  • Change the Model ID (BD -> B8) in the EEPROM data file
  • Restore the changed EEPROM Data
  • Drag’n Drop the Plextor Firmware to the Unlocker Utility and let it working…
  • Shutdown and power the drive off/on

A Question, has anybody a source for the internal version of the firmware (PB-B950SA) ?

[QUOTE=toralf;2750469]
A Question, has anybody a source for the internal version of the firmware (PB-B950SA) ?[/QUOTE]

Dumps 1.01-1.04 of PX-B950SA in a single archive:

:wink:

[QUOTE=toralf;2750469]:bow: Thanks at all, it works. Now is’t a PB-B950UE with a TEAC Label.

[U]Shortly my experience with the Drive:[/U]

• Crossflashing to another model works only with the unlocker Utility
  • the unlocker Utility need a functional drive
  • Reanimation of a inoperable device works only with the DOSFlash Tool

[U]My steps for the reanimation:[/U]

• Restore Firmware from Backup with DOSFlash
  • Restore EEPROM from Backup with EEPROM Utility
  • Power the drive off/on

[U]My steps for crossflashing:[/U]

• Backup the EEPROM
  • Change the Model ID (BD -> B8) in the EEPROM data file
  • Restore the changed EEPROM Data
  • Drag’n Drop the Plextor Firmware to the Unlocker Utility and let it working…
  • Shutdown and power the drive off/on
    [/QUOTE]
    Thank you for sharing; I will clarify & add to the instructions based on this info. :flower:

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2750472]Dumps 1.01-1.04 of PX-B950SA in a single archive:

;)[/QUOTE]
Do you know if these are 2nd generation? (I don’t trust myself to just look at the internal firmware dates :o)

Thanks for the internal Version, works (PX-B950SA 1.04) !

Bus Encryption is supported, a indication for the 2nd generation ?
With the external Version (PX-B950UE 1.05) OptiDiscControl seems only read up to 4x, now i can select up to 8x Speed (MID: Verbatime, 25GB).

[QUOTE=toralf;2750540]
Bus Encryption is supported, a indication for the 2nd generation ?[/QUOTE]
Correct.

Hello Albert,

i follow this tread a while now, is it possible that you can create a “How to Cross-Flash a LiteOn IHBS 312-31 to a Plextor 950” for dummies :(:rolleyes:

I have downloaded the Plextor 950 Dumps, but what now?

Greetings from an old CD-Freaks Member

[QUOTE=Kirby3;2750582]Hello Albert,

i follow this tread a while now, is it possible that you can create a “How to Cross-Flash a LiteOn IHBS 312-31 to a Plextor 950” for dummies :(:rolleyes:

I have downloaded the Plextor 950 Dumps, but what now?

Greetings from an old CD-Freaks Member[/QUOTE]
All the information you need is in this thread already. :wink: Read the first few posts, or even Toralf’s post above.

1. [B]Understand & accept the risks of crossflashing[/B]. ([I]If you are still not sure what to do after reading this thread then [U]stop now and go no further![/U] All crossflashing carries risks and is not for dummies.[/I])

2. Backup your drive’s EEPROM using EEPROM Utility and store in a safe place. Make certain you have a BIN copy of the original firmware. (Dumping existing firmware may require DOSFlash.)

3. If you need to change the drive identity, edit your EEPROM file using a hex editor. Then flash the modified EEPROM back to the drive. (See post #4 of this thread.)

4. Flash the new firmware BIN to the drive, using the Unlocked Flasher method. (See post #3 & here.)

5. Reboot or switch drive off & on again. If light flashes the drive ID code in the firmware doesn’t match the EEPROM - restore original firmware (and if necessary EEPROM).

Thank you very much for the fast answer “Ibex”

The Eprom is modified, but now i have to create a Dos-Boot-Disc to use the Dos-Flasher.

I hope you have an idea, which Dos Version is able to connect to my Controller on the Asus Board.
I did a test with a Boot-Disc of MS-DOS 6.22, but i can not Access my HDD and the Blu-Ray Drives.

Greetz Kirby

DOSFlash, despite the name, works in Windows. (It has a GUI). It may be found in the first post of this thread: http://club.myce.com/f44/liteon-ihasx24-drives-crossflashing-within-series-c-d-e-series-revision-drives-333397/

Be sure to grab the associated tool to allow use in 64-bit Windows installations that require signed drivers.

I did a test with a Boot-Disc of MS-DOS 6.22, but i can not Access my HDD and the Blu-Ray Drives.

Have you turned off the AHCI mode for the Blu-Ray Drive in the BIOS ?

Hello, I have an ihas124c which i upgraded to 524c (flashed with dosflash)
But alas it has a steady blinking light, i have been looking for a solution, and on the first page of this post it suggested to manually modify the eeprom.
By chance does anyone know of the 2 digit value for the ihas524c or how to locate it within the firmware bin file ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Is it a DVD Device, right ?

[I](Can I crossflash a Plextor PX-880SA to a LiteOn ?)[/I]

Hi thanks for the reply, yes it is a dvd device.
but my problem is with the eeprom not matching the firmware,
correct me if im wrong but the eeprom utility does not support the ihas124c
model for modifying the 2 digit code needed to match it against the firmware,
it was not upgraded to support that model so it has to be done manually from what ive read.

[QUOTE=Albert;2750479]Do you know if these are 2nd generation? (I don’t trust myself to just look at the internal firmware dates :o)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for late answer - I had some troubles on my job.

AFAIK, all these firmwares should be for 2nd generation drives - I have ripped them from original LiteOn flashers, haven’t tried to flash them into drives.

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2751507]Sorry for late answer - I had some troubles on my job.

AFAIK, all these firmwares should be for 2nd generation drives - I have ripped them from original LiteOn flashers, haven’t tried to flash them into drives.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. :flower:

Edit: 1.01-1.04 B950SA files mirrored.

[QUOTE=Albert;2751673]Thank you. :flower:

Edit: 1.01-1.04 B950SA files mirrored.[/QUOTE]

On that note…any concrete advantage to using PlexTools for scanning? I mean, enough to warrant crossflashing?

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2751719]On that note…any concrete advantage to using PlexTools for scanning? I mean, enough to warrant crossflashing?[/QUOTE]

I can’t say I’ve heard of any reason to need PlexUtilities in casual use.