LiteOn iHBS112/212/312 Crossflashing & Firmware: Looking for a few tips?

^ Indeed. It just takes people a little while to visit; the effect isn’t as immediate as it used to be. :wink:

Thanks more like it. :slight_smile: Good to be back for a bit, but even better to see people (cdfreaks) still here, having fun. :cool:

Ibex, thanks, member since 2006, almost 10 years! :clap:
Jadburner, 10000+ posts and still posting scans. Great job! :clap:
and everyone else, thanks, you made this happen. :clap:

I’ll post the enhanced version in the Eeprom Utility thread. Don’t let me down by not posting back here. I’ll look forward to hearing what success everyone has with it.

Thank you C0deKing!

Welcome back, COdeKing! Another hearty thanks!

[OT]

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2759456]Ibex, thanks, member since 2006, almost 10 years! :clap:[/QUOTE]
And a long-time lurker before then.

Took me 4 years to pluck up the courage to join (one of my biggest regrets in life, I missed out on so much fun!). :o

A message to all the other optical disc faithful out there:

[B]Keep calm and burn on![/B]

Your T02 will probably be readable long after the last electron has escaped its NAND trap. :iagree:

The polycarbonate disc shall come again!

[/OT]

[B]C0deKing[/B], thank you very much for enhanced version! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

(walked to the EEPROM Utility thread) :slight_smile:

EEPROM Utility V6.2.0 SE works perfectly and seamlessly with the second generation of design BluRay PLD-LiteOn DH-12B2LH plus OEM and clones :iagree:
[B]@ C0deKing[/B] you are great :clap::bow:

DH-12B2SH for crossflashing for Plextor, asked for help and have this answer:

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2765552]Identical doing step by step how in this thread:
http://club.myce.com/f44/eeprom-utility-plds-liteon-sony-cd-dvd-writers-v6-2-0-se-112103/index29.html#post2759567
http://club.myce.com/f44/eeprom-utility-plds-liteon-sony-cd-dvd-writers-v6-2-0-se-112103/index29.html#post2759568[/QUOTE]

But I don’t understand what Albert replied “any compatible iHBS112 or 312 variant” means:

[QUOTE=Albert;2765547](Yes, it can crossflash to any compatible iHBS112 or 312 variant)[/QUOTE]

And I found there are several Plextor firmware on the first thread:

[QUOTE=Albert;2746041][I][B]On the topic of binary [.BIN] firmware files:[/B][/I]

A sampling of firmware files, extracted from drives:
(credit to all who have contributed, and especially to [B]cvs[/B] for collecting the majority of these files in one monolithic package)
[unlocked flasher mirror:***]

Internal Drives:…
Plextor
[ul]
[li]PX-B950SA, 2nd generation: 1.01 (“2011/11/15”) ||| 1.02 (“2012/03/08”) ||| 1.03 (“2012/05/10”) ||| 1.04 (“2012/10/30”)[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]PX-LB950SA, 1st generation: 1.06 (“2011/03/24”)[/li][li]PX-LB950SA, 2nd generation: 1.02 (“2012/03/08”) ||| 1.03 (“2012/05/10”) ||| 1.04 (“2012/10/30”)[/li][/ul]

[/QUOTE]

Which one is compatible with the drive I have or all of the above? My first time crossflashing, I am a bit nevus.:confused:

[QUOTE=harryytm;2765558]DH-12B2SH for crossflashing for Plextor, asked for help and have this answer:

But I don’t understand what Albert replied “any compatible iHBS112 or 312 variant” means:

And I found there are several Plextor firmware on the first thread:

Which one is compatible with the drive I have or all of the above? My first time crossflashing, I am a bit nevus.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Like myself you should flash the PX-B950SA second generation firmware 1.04. :wink: (I assume your drive is manufactured in 2014 as well? Should be on the label.)
The LB drives have light scribe, but the 112/DH12B2SH drives come without the ability, so no sense in using such firmware.

[QUOTE=Oinker;2765571]Like myself you should flash the PX-B950SA second generation firmware 1.04. :wink: (I assume your drive is manufactured in 2014 as well? Should be on the label.)
The LB drives have light scribe, but the 112/DH12B2SH drives come without the ability, so no sense in using such firmware.[/QUOTE]
Was crossflashed to PX-LB950SA before, now flashed the PX-B950SA firmware instead, thanks for reminding me.

[QUOTE=harryytm;2765564]Crossflashed to PX-LB950SA, thanks for all the help.:sad:

Now I can play with PlexUtility.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I know it goes against the usual conventions, but I don’t have much to lose so I’ll just ask: Anyone have a good EEPROM dump of a 212? Mine suddenly decided it didn’t want to recognize any media. I realize it’s probably the laser but seeing as how it isn’t working anyway, flashing someone else’s EEPROM can’t hurt.

First or second generation?
You can not replace Eeprom for rev.1 and rev.2
I should have both types of Eeprom.

The biggest Sanyo SF-BW512L laser for exchange. I’ve seen $ 80 a piece lately.
Check the flex tape. They like to take off and not to plug the laser with the motherboard.

The 112 is Gen 2, the 212 is Gen 1.

Posted on PW Eprom from two copies I have LiteOn iHBS 212 rev.1

Replaced the laser on the 212 with a presumably new one purchased off eBay and…still nothing :frowning:

There is only damage to the chipset or motherboard.
It can be postponed to check the motherboard with all open-close module but you need to dismantle the whole drive.
Easier lasers to see if they work in the second model you have - Liteon iHBS 112
Will it be known, though, whether the lasers are efficient and working?

Thx for all the work and files here.
I have now converted my drive TEAC 512 Pt11 into a IHBS112.
And also testet to burn a 5x DVD-Ram i didnt now that the teac firmware have disabled that option.

Does the Firmware from the iHBS 312 is anything different to IHBS112?
I cant read the firmware 321.bin file for mediacode information with the “ala tool”.

Thanks for you guys sharing. I have crossflashing my asus bw12b1st. 1.03 to ihbs 112.
Though,it can’t read or write Panasonic 25gb (MEI-T02).QQ

I have bought a liteon dh12b2sh . Its firmware is PE21. LIKE THIS.
https://imgur.com/gallery/eOY0uXU
It appeals ATAPI BD B DH12B2SH PE21.
Do you guys have met this model?
Can I cross it into DH12B2SH PE21 into PP55?
Thanks you guys a lot.
You guys are so cool!!

Hello, good evening.

Is it possible to share the PX-B950SA Firmwares as a Binarie again?
till Firmware 1.04 ?

Thanks in Advance…

Could anyone fix the firmware links in this thread? The links in the first posts are all dead. Thank you.