LiteON iHBS 212 and iHBS 312

vbimport

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask whether someone has compared the LiteON iHBS 212 with the iHBS 312? I looking for a BD-Burner and decided to go with LiteON.

But so far, I haven’t found any review or user made test of the iHBS 312 and wondered whether it is equal or better/worse than the iHBS 212? How does the two drives compare to each other? Especially regarding burning quality, media compatibility (e.g. LTH type BD-R) or anything else? Because the 312 doesn’t support Lightscribe, so eventually they have changed the drive alot. What do you think is a better buy? The iHBS 212 or the 312? Recently I have read something, that the 112 isn’t as good for quality scans than the 212, is this the case? Because the 312 doesn’t support Lightscribe like the 112.

Thanks in advance! Kind regards
Kaworu

[QUOTE=Kaworu;2645362]Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask whether someone has compared the LiteON iHBS 212 with the iHBS 312? I looking for a BD-Burner and decided to go with LiteON.

But so far, I haven’t found any review or user made test of the iHBS 312 and wondered whether it is equal or better/worse than the iHBS 212? How does the two drives compare to each other? Especially regarding burning quality, media compatibility (e.g. LTH type BD-R) or anything else? Because the 312 doesn’t support Lightscribe, so eventually they have changed the drive alot. What do you think is a better buy? The iHBS 212 or the 312? Recently I have read something, that the 112 isn’t as good for quality scans than the 212, is this the case? Because the 312 doesn’t support Lightscribe like the 112.

Kaworu[/QUOTE]

I hope someone replies to this as I’m curious as well. I bought the 312 last week and did my first burn last night on Falcon media. The scan indicates that the burn went well but I wonder how competent a scanner the 312 really is…

Thank you for your answer! Then you’ve got an 312? How does the scans look like? And is it working proberly with optidrive control?

[QUOTE=Kaworu;2649415]Thank you for your answer! Then you’ve got an 312? How does the scans look like? And is it working proberly with optidrive control?[/QUOTE]

No problem. Check out a few of the BD-R/DVD burns/scans I did with mine over at:

…mine are listed in the last page or so

[QUOTE=Kaworu;2645362]Hello everyone!

Kaworu[/QUOTE]
I have got a Lite-On iHBS312-31. Would anyone be so kind as to direct me to a firmware (unlock region) site? Many thanks.

[QUOTE=najobskalf;2674963]I have got a Lite-On iHBS312-31. Would anyone be so kind as to direct me to a firmware (unlock region) site? Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

In terms of DVD region locking, there are no RPC1 patches available for these drives. BluRay regional control is software dependent not firmware dependent. If you want to play DVD or BluRay discs from multiple regions, you’ll have to use AnyDVD (for DVD) or AnyDVD HD (for DVD and BluRay) or a similar piece of software.

[QUOTE=cvs;2675146]In terms of DVD region locking, there are no RPC1 patches available for these drives. BluRay regional control is software dependent not firmware dependent. If you want to play DVD or BluRay discs from multiple regions, you’ll have to use AnyDVD (for DVD) or AnyDVD HD (for DVD and BluRay) or a similar piece of software.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think so my iHBS212 is set to Region “0” on my drive and possibly if the iHBS312 is a US drive then it’s possible it came as Region “0” which would possibly allow you to play a different region media in that drive. But we have to see what info specs your drive gives to know for sure if the Region is set or not. But I do know my iHBS212 is Region “0” setting…

[QUOTE=najobskalf;2674963]I have got a Lite-On iHBS312-31. Would anyone be so kind as to direct me to a firmware (unlock region) site? Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if your drive Region is set or not but if not then the Region should show “0” for the Region setting. But here is the latest firmware from Firmware HQ site…

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHBS312%2B2/files.html

That should be the latest from what they have posted unless Liteon has a update…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2675149]I don’t think so my iHBS212 is set to Region “0” on my drive [/QUOTE]

Just because a drive arrives with no region set, that doesn’t make it Region “0” … you will have to set a region before you can play any commercial region encoded DVD disc … and once set, you can only change it 4 more times. After that the drive is permanently locked.

An optical drive factory set as RPC1 is unheard of …