Liteon iHASx24 drives: Crossflashing *within* a series (for C, D, and E series/revision drives)

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2768523]Crossflash rare version of DH16ACSH fw.JA11 to the Plextor PX-891SA

[/QUOTE]

No way, I hadn’t tried the 891 Plextor firmware, and I have at least 2 of those drives ! I’ll have to get to trying that firmware out…thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cvs;2721246]Just to add that the DRW-24B1ST 1.04 firmware is in fact an iHASx24 B series firmware (not A series).

Only DRW-24B1ST firmwares 1.03 (or lower) are for iHASx24 A series drives.

The DRW-24B1ST 1.05 firmware is indeed an iHASx24 C series firmware.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering.

Are the ASUS firmwares almost bit-for-bit identical (other than the name of the drive) to the corresponding LiteOn iHASx24 firmwares which they are respectively direct rebadges of?

Hey guys,

Can someone post a Firmware dump of Plextor PX-891SA or another firmware to crossflash that enable my HP DH16ACSH JHD6 to set the Booktype manually?

best regards

Sven

[QUOTE=dark_tiger;2785354]Can someone post a Firmware dump of Plextor PX-891SA[/QUOTE]

Here’s a copy of the PX-891SA 1.06 *.bin firmware as requested: http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/o1CDVmug/file.html

PS. You should dump the DH16ACSH JHD6 firmware (you might need to use Dosflash if the Flash Utility can’t dump it correctly) before attempting to crossflash. Otherwise you won’t be able to go back if necessary, since the JHD6 firmware doesn’t seem to be available anywhere. Also make sure you backup your EEPROM!

@dark_tiger: Could you post your JHD6 Firmware? Thanks.

Firmware for HP fw.JHD5 \ JHD6 are older for the first version of the HP models DH16ACSH. In newer is already JHG6 \ JHG7 \ JHG8 but all without any problem all work with models HP DH16ACSH …

[QUOTE=HM01;2785490]@dark_tiger: Could you post your JHD6 Firmware? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I can do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the fw!

Here is the JDH6 FW:

[QUOTE=dark_tiger;2785627]Here is the JDH6 FW:

http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/RJWN4mP3/file.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing this firmware with us! :flower:

PS. I had a look at the firmware file and I can confirm that it is a valid dump.

[B]czary2mary1 [/B]could you please post a copy of the JHG7, JHG8, JA11 and JL3B firmwares? I’ve only got copies of JHG6 and JL3A in my collection so far. :frowning:

Thank you! :flower:

[QUOTE=cvs;2785640][B]czary2mary1 [/B]could you please post a copy of the JHG7, JHG8, JA11 and JL3B firmwares? I’ve only got copies of JHG6 and JL3A in my collection so far. :frowning:

Thank you! :flower:[/QUOTE]

Sent . :wink:

Can you post the link here or send it to me too?

I know this isn’t exactly something people have asked for, but it seems similar, I have a dump of the DH16AAS JL35 firmware, can’t recall what it was made with but I use the drive regularly and it produces the best DVD+R DL burns out of any of my drives consistently.

Not sure if it’s been archived or what, but just throwing that out there…I have quite a few drives (see signature) and if I can check any of them for firmwares you may be missing let me know.

[QUOTE=zak7;2786366]I know this isn’t exactly something people have asked for, but it seems similar, I have a dump of the DH16AAS JL35 firmware, can’t recall what it was made with but I use the drive regularly and it produces the best DVD+R DL burns out of any of my drives consistently.

Not sure if it’s been archived or what, but just throwing that out there…I have quite a few drives (see signature) and if I can check any of them for firmwares you may be missing let me know.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t mind a copy of the DH-16AAS JL35 and DH-16ABSH JL3B firmwares, since I currently don’t have those two in my collection. Thanks for the offer by the way :flower: and Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
I know this isn’t exactly something people have asked for, but it seems similar, I have a dump of the DH16AAS JL35 firmware, can’t recall what it was made with but I use the drive regularly and it produces the best DVD+R DL burns out of any of my drives consistently.

Not sure if it’s been archived or what, but just throwing that out there…I have quite a few drives (see signature) and if I can check any of them for firmwares you may be missing let me know.

Hello zak7
Could you post your JL35 Firmware for my DH16AAS JD12 from 2009 please? So i could also produce the best DVD+R DL burns out of any of my drives
Thanks in advance

Hello zak7

• DH16AAS JD12 both devices has 12B (PLD-DH-24AAL (B) )
  • Is there also a possibility to get the latest Firmware for my DH16ABS PD11, one with 11B and one with 12B (PLD-DH-24ABL (B) ), please?
    Thanks in advance

[B]@cvs \ @TomyTulpe[/B]

I only firmware DH16AAS JL35

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2788403][B]@cvs \ @TomyTulpe[/B]

I only firmware DH16AAS JL35
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/ymFjM2ET/file.html[/QUOTE]

Thank you :flower:

Hopefully sometime in due course [B]zak7[/B] will post a copy of the DH-16ABSH JL3B as well.

Thank you, too
So i could also produce the best DVD+R DL burns out of any of my drives.:clap:

[QUOTE=cvs;2788435]Thank you :flower:

Hopefully sometime in due course [B]zak7[/B] will post a copy of the DH-16ABSH JL3B as well.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try and get that to you here if I can.

The copy I have on my hard drive is actually not a good dump :doh: and I am not sure I still have that firmware ON a drive, sadly. I’ll have to check in a few rigs of mine for that drive to make sure…

I could have sworn I sent someone my entire archive at one point or another…it might have been you, or perhaps czary.

Check out czary’s post at the link below, he has a .bin labeled JL3B but it’s from a C revision? Maybe I’m mistaken on my signature and it was a C drive and that’s why I can’t find it?