Liteon iHASx24 drives: Crossflashing *within* a series (for C, D, and E series/revision drives)

[QUOTE=zak7;2698166]I’m fairly certain they are…thats why its a c afterwards. I saw “i” as well, at the store. I will confirm later, after further investigation i suppose, I’ve read that they are though…Also have seen a and b revisions.[/QUOTE]Were you able to do any investigation on this? You posted that you had a DRW-24B1ST c. I was thinking to pick one up myself, but am still wondering if it can be crossflashed or not.

It turns out the one I have, which had a 1.05 fw, is still a B clone…FU reads the firmware fine as well.

[QUOTE=zak7;2699532]It turns out the one I have, which had a 1.05 fw, is still a B clone…FU reads the firmware fine as well.[/QUOTE]Did you recently purchase it new?

Even if I get one that’s a C clone it can still be crossflashed right?

Oh, missed the question, I havent tried crossflashing it actually, as I have a crossflashed B clone already in my machine, its merely for testing fw’s on when i get around to needing it, which i havent yet, but like i said, It reads fine in FU, so I’d assume it would write fine, B’s always have.

So they are crossflashable, the C clones that is…Just needed a retail firmware and eeprom and used dosflash. hooray :slight_smile:

Did anyone try to crossflash iHAS124 C or iHAS324 C into iHAS524 C?

One good dude has iHAS124 C and he needs labeltag. I want to help him in getting this feature. Since all drives have same chipset it probably will work fine, if there will be no problems with EEPROM. Does anyone have proper flash dump from iHAS524 C?

I’m not sure if labeltag is just a firmware feature or not, anywhere may know, if you do end up being able to do that, you’ll probably need a EEPROM backup from the 524 to restore…I havent tried it though, you wont be able to use EEPROM Utility or Flash Utility to do this, as i’ve posted, you’ll need to use dosflash.

On B series drives there are no hardware differences - all boards are same, only difference is in LS hardware - 124-324-524 drives don’t have lightscribe connector and one ceramic SMD capacitor next to LS connector (and don’t have LS encoder, of course), so C series drives also should have no hardware differences.

the firmware could require different eeprom just as easily as the hardware…

I will backup EEPROM and flash before the experiment :slight_smile: If LED will blink I’ll just restore both original flash and eeprom. :slight_smile:

I have a drive that seems to be a C clone, Memorex MRX-550L v5. I was able to crossflash it to PX-891SA using the unlocked flasher method, but now I’m interested in this thread and flashing it into a Lite-On iHAS124 C. I’ll have to check on how to use DosFlash.

I actually see alot of people opt to go for the plextor firmware, my PX-880SA retail drive came with 1.03 i think, anyway, with stock firmware it gets some of the best burns out of all my drives, including the 5280-CB-PLUS which is overburning enabled by default…great drive, but my px-880sa gets a PI under 2 avg…and a PIF <1 avg…phenomal burns…

unless you have bad burns i dont see why you’d want to flash a clone to C if its working good on plextor’s firmware…beside that you’d need to get a EEPROM dump and flash it, which may end up hurting your burns quality in itself…if you need any further assistance let me know, i do have a retail 124-04C drive…and many clones firmwares too. (see sig)

edit: I dunno if it was stated in this thread or others prior to now, but i did get 2 seperate clones of the iHAS 124 C drive and 324C drive flashed over to retail firmware iHAS124-04 and some one elses 324…so it is possible with dosflash…EEPROM converting wotn work so you just need the backup that corresponds to the drive.

Is it possible to crossflash a IHAS122C to a IHAS124C? I’ve dumped flash and EEPROM using the same tools I’ve used before on 122B/124B drives, but I can’t find any firmware .bin files for the 124C, only .exe files on the FirmwareHQ.com site.

I’m only doing this for fun, I got 3 drives for £3.02 so I’m not worried if I brick one trying.

[B]ToneEQ[/B], if you have dumped flash by Flash Utility, then your flash dump is incorrect. Do it with DosFlash (download it from Zak’s links in the first post of the topic) and please upload your dump here for somebody’s needs.

Here are some flash images for you and everybody who need them:

iHAS122/322 C, iHAS124/324/524 C - http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/63971396/file.html
iHAS120 D, iHAS124/524 D - http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/16290399/file.html
iHAS122 E, iHAS124/324 E - http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/65941334/file.html

It seems it’s possible to crossflash iHAS122 C to iHAS124 C since this is the same drive, but EEPROM conversion is necessary for this crossflash - after the flashing iHAS122 C with iHAS124 C firmware LED of the drive starts to blink. EEPROM conversion algorithm is unclear for me, so I can’t help here. Probably [B]anywhere[/B] can do it.

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2717343]Here are some flash images for you and everybody who need them:

iHAS122/322 C, iHAS124/324/524 C - http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/63971396/file.html
iHAS120 D, iHAS124/524 D - http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/16290399/file.html
iHAS122 E, iHAS124/324 E - http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/65941334/file.html
[/QUOTE]

Very nice! :clap: Thanks for sharing blackened2687! :bow:

You could try using the EEPROM from the 124C originally associated with the firmware dump you use…besides that I’m not sure in this case it would be possible.

Just for clarification: Is it possible for the iHAS124/324 E to dump the EEPROM with codeguys EEPROM Utility? Or which other tool can be used?

[B]HM01[/B], it seems it’s impossible yet…

[QUOTE=HM01;2717844]Just for clarification: Is it possible for the iHAS124/324 E to dump the EEPROM with codeguys EEPROM Utility? Or which other tool can be used?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, like the revisions after the D (Y and X and stuff) the E has issues with the tools we used with MediaTek chipsets…however i’ve heard of people trying crossflashing the asus drw24b1st which has an i revision that is the e rebadge to E retail…however i’m not sure how far or anything they got with it…

it might be worth looking up on google to see how that went…as far as i know there arent any other rebadges/clones of that E revision yet except for that i.

btw anyone who happens to know where to get one of the E revision retail drvies in the USA, please let me know, i can only find it in the UK and they refuse to ship to the USA…or if some one can buy it in the UK and forward, i’d love to start working on the crossflashing of that drive…

i got the C and D revisions…hoping i can figure out the E :smiley:

I managed to crossflash my Asus 241ST i 1.00 to iHAS324 E using the unlocked iHAS124 D 8L0A flasher and the firmwares extracted by blackened2687. Testing to see how well it went.