Liteon iHAS124, iHAS324 F (DH24AF)

vbimport

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2783331]LiteOn iHAS 124 F fw.CL9F
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/WAalUvf3/file.html[/QUOTE]

Where is it from? Extracted from new drive? Is it safe?
AK

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2783309]Which Flash Utility you would recommend for Windows 7 64 bit ?
[/QUOTE]

Use the latest Flash Utility (v7.2.0).

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2783309]If you ever use nero burning rom on iHAS 124 F, does the buffer level was full during burning process ? Mine the buffer level was empty like this :

[/QUOTE]

My iHAS124 F is currently no longer in active use since I needed its 5.25" bay to install a BluRay drive instead, but as far as recollection serves I seem to remember a similar Nero Burning Rom behaviour of not showing the buffer (in my case I was using Nero 2015). Since everything worked OK, I didn’t pay too much attention to it to be honest. I’ll probably install the drive back in sometime in the next few days to see how it behaves with the latest firmware posted by czary2mary1, and once I do, I can let you know for sure if that’s the case.

[QUOTE=cvs;2783344]Use the latest Flash Utility (v7.2.0).

My iHAS124 F is currently no longer in active use since I needed its 5.25" bay to install a BluRay drive instead, but as far as recollection serves I seem to remember a similar Nero Burning Rom behaviour of not showing the buffer (in my case I was using Nero 2015). Since everything worked OK, I didn’t pay too much attention to it to be honest. I’ll probably install the drive back in sometime in the next few days to see how it behaves with the latest firmware posted by czary2mary1, and once I do, I can let you know for sure if that’s the case.[/QUOTE]

Please let me know later. Thank

Actually the dvd writer hp GT31L on my laptop also not showing the buffer level.

I think maybe it caused of buffer on the drivers was below 2 MB. The GT31L has 1 mb and iHAS 124 F has 512 kb.

My old drivers like LH-18A1P and iHAS 324 Y both showing buffer level have 2 mb buffer.

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2783338]Where is it from? Extracted from new drive? Is it safe?
AK[/QUOTE]

Of course copied from the latest version of the drive available on the market.
At me without the problem he is acting the one firmware on both versions hardware of the PDLS DH24AFSH structure.

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2783393]Of course copied from the latest version of the drive available on the market.
At me without the problem he is acting the one firmware on both versions hardware of the PDLS DH24AFSH structure.
[/QUOTE]

This firmware isn’t available on firmwarehq. Why? What do you think about? I have no internet connection to check the online upgrade. Do you recommend the upgrade from C99?
Regards

It’s not on FirmwareHQ because LiteOn haven’t released it as an exe via smartpack or whatever.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2783432]It’s not on FirmwareHQ because LiteOn haven’t released it as an exe via smartpack or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Why? Isn’t it compatible with all 124-14F?
AK

Only liteon knows the answer to that. They often send out drives with newer firmware on them than they provide via their website / smartpack.

^ And since it seems there are two series of iHASx24 F firmware, the CL9x series may not be optimal for all drives.

That said, there’s nothing stopping them from releasing an updater (through SmartPack) which will safely update compatible drives. As LUK! said, though, they often send out drives with newer firmware. They’ll probably provide a future update to all users.

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2783395]This firmware isn’t available on firmwarehq. Why? What do you think about? I have no internet connection to check the online upgrade. Do you recommend the upgrade from C99?
Regards[/QUOTE]

He cannot be available in other version since it isn’t in the exe. variety and to it would have to be added to the base PLDS Software Update System.

If you have factory harware DH24AFSH - OL9 carried out by PCB&PCBA Components it is allocated are firmware CL9x.
In the case hardware DH24AFSH- OL0 carried out by Faxxon it is allocated are firmware CL0x.

Practically so I am not using these models apart from that that it is newest known software I cannot more to his subject say nothing…

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2783485]He cannot be available in other version since it isn’t in the exe. variety and to it would have to be added to the base PLDS Software Update System.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t understand you. The exe file is only the installer of firmware. So, if there is new firmware, it should be available as exe file.

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2783485]
If you have factory harware DH24AFSH - OL9 carried out by PCB&PCBA Components it is allocated are firmware CL9x.
In the case hardware DH24AFSH- OL0 carried out by Faxxon it is allocated are firmware CL0x.
[/QUOTE]

There were two types os ihas124-14F with incompatible firmware. Now, there are three, aren’t?

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2783485]
Practically so I am not using these models apart from that that it is newest known software I cannot more to his subject say nothing…[/QUOTE]

So, the new firmware should be loaded into new hardware - that you want to say?
Regards,
AK

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2783488]I don’t understand you. The exe file is only the installer of firmware. So, if there is new firmware, it should be available as exe file.

There were two types os ihas124-14F with incompatible firmware. Now, there are three, aren’t?

So, the new firmware should be loaded into new hardware - that you want to say?
Regards,
AK[/QUOTE]

Factory-made firmware is load on the stage of manufacture of the motherboard through the programming machine, from here always at best difference of two three months between the date of software and the final production of the drive.

Both DH24AFSH hardware are in my opinion compatible and after behind other sorts of the memory in accordance with oneself. The third similar hardware of this structure for so already has other structural marking is different.

The way I wrote it is newest firmware for LiteOn iHAS 124 F I know which. I brought up to date all iHAS 124 F I have which to this version for myself and I noticed no problems in action… More I don’t simply have time to inspect nothing.

CMC Pro-Primera CD-R TuffCoat 97m24s01f
LiteOn iHAS124F fw.CL99
Opti Drive Control x16

FTI Pro 8x DVD-R
Blank shiny
TTH01 (Made in UAE)
iHAS324-F (CL19)
SB on, FHT/OS/OHT off
Burned at 6x

FTI Pro 8x DVD-R
Blank shiny
TTH01 (Made in UAE)
iHAS324-F (CL19)
SB on, FHT/OS/OHT off
Burned at 8x

Drive: iHAS324 F
Firmware: CL19
MID: TYG03
Burn Speed: 24x CAV

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2783331]LiteOn iHAS 124 F fw.CL9F
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/WAalUvf3/file.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for providing the firmware.

I have noticed there is a significant difference with the CL9F firmware, in comparison to the previous CL99 firmware on my iHAS124 F drive with an October 2015 manufacturing date. (The original factory default firmware was CL98).

A week ago I recently purchased a 32-disc dvd set, which was originally released by Universal this past July (2016). Apparently dvd disc quality control has been declining with time, especially with multidisc sets of “non-A list” catalog titles.

So from this 32-disc set, the first few discs I played had the “false read error” problem with the CL99 firmware. This “false read error” I described in an earlier post on another thread here:

(I ended up using my Samsung drives to rip this entire 32-disc set).

Earlier this evening I upgraded my iHAS124 F drive from CL99 to CL9F, and decided to try ripping the first few dvd discs from this same 32-disc set. It turned out with the CL9F firmware, the “false read error” problem is now gone with these particular first few dvd discs.

Just got a new iHAS 324 F CL8F drive today (btw… this naming schema used by liteon is just… lets stay polite and describe it as “complicated and even a bit confusing”) :slight_smile:

Is there anything I can do to increase speed when ripping DVDs (I want to archive my collection)? I tried the firmwares that I found here in this forum, but they state that they do not work with F drives… (and CL8F seems to be very new, isn’t it?)

[QUOTE=Niko_K;2786727]Just got a new iHAS 324 F CL8F drive today (btw… this naming schema used by liteon is just… lets stay polite and describe it as “complicated and even a bit confusing”) :slight_smile:

Is there anything I can do to increase speed when ripping DVDs (I want to archive my collection)? I tried the firmwares that I found here in this forum, but they state that they do not work with F drives… (and CL8F seems to be very new, isn’t it?)[/QUOTE]

How long does it take to normally rip a dvd disc that is around 8 gigabytes with this iHAS324 F CL8F drive?

[QUOTE=Niko_K;2786727]Just got a new iHAS 324 F CL8F drive today (btw… this naming schema used by liteon is just… lets stay polite and describe it as “complicated and even a bit confusing”) :slight_smile:

Is there anything I can do to increase speed when ripping DVDs (I want to archive my collection)? I tried the firmwares that I found here in this forum, but they state that they do not work with F drives… (and CL8F seems to be very new, isn’t it?)[/QUOTE]

A dump of the CL8F firmware would be great if you would be able to make one for us using DosFlash pretty please. :flower:

CL8F should be the latest firmware for iHAS324 F drives.

Unfortunately there aren’t any tools out there capable of patching the firmware of F series drives (or other recent LiteOn series including the C, D and E series), so I’m afraid that you have to put up with the drive as is…