Liteon iHAS124, iHAS324 F (DH24AF)

vbimport

Drive info…

Main chip - MT1862N?
OPU - ???
Does the drive work with DosFlash32/DosFlash64 and EEPROM Utility?

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2750026]Main chip - MT1862N?
OPU - ???
Does the drive work with DosFlash32/DosFlash64 and EEPROM Utility?[/QUOTE]

Main chip - MT1862N
OPU - DWH02B
DosFlash32/DosFlash64 - NOT TESTED YET
EEPROM Utility - DOES NOT WORK

FW Dump:

Thank you very much! :flower:

Data added to the LiteOn table

Ritek 4x DVD+R (M-Disc)
MILLENIA 001 (Made in Taiwan)
Drive: iHAS324 F
FW: CL15
SmartBurn Settings: Default
Burned at 4x

^Very nice. :clap:

The best M-Disc scan I can remember seeing by far. Is it the drive or an unusually good batch of discs?

Very relieved to see that Lite-On are continuing to produce Mediatek-based drives. I was worried that they were extinct.

What’s the ‘F’ like as a scanner? And just out of curiosity, what is the average scanning interval reported by CD-DVD Speed in the post-scan summary?

[QUOTE=Ibex;2750235]Is it the drive or an unusually good batch of discs?

[/QUOTE]

No, the disc is this one.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2750235]
What’s the ‘F’ like as a scanner? And just out of curiosity, what is the average scanning interval reported by CD-DVD Speed in the post-scan summary?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I haven’t saved that data.

Where’s selling the F model?
I ordered another ihas324 a couple of days ago in the hope it would be an F but it was another E :frowning:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2750242]Where’s selling the F model?
I ordered another ihas324 a couple of days ago in the hope it would be an F but it was another E :([/QUOTE]

I bought it in Hong Kong.

Ok, thanks. I guess I’ll just have to wait a while longer for them to reach the UK :slight_smile:

Was your drive made in 2014, or 2015, anywhere?

January, 2015

[QUOTE=anywhere;2750241]No, the disc is this one.

Sorry, I haven’t saved that data.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :flower:

Looks like a useful scanner as well. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the ‘A’ model after some more results. Much too early to reach a conclusion about the elevated PIE towards the end.

I bought my LiteOn IHAS324-17 F retail (manufactured in Dec/2014) in a local store of Conrad in germany.

The retail box of the IHAS324 F indicates the support of M-Disc.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2750242]Where’s selling the F model?
I ordered another ihas324 a couple of days ago in the hope it would be an F but it was another E :([/QUOTE]
Hi lightning, currys/pc world have them. Well at my local store in belfast anyway i had one in my hand the other day and put it back as i didnt know if it would work with payload tool. Hope this helps mate

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/components-upgrades/cd-dvd-blu-ray-drives/internal-drives/lite-on-ihas324-32-internal-sata-dvd-writer-09993407-pdt.html £19.99

I’ll have a look in there… thanks :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2750539]I’ll have a look in there… thanks :)[/QUOTE]

No worries hope this helps and let us know how you get on with it mate. If it’d definitely work id grab one myself as my optiarc 5280s cb plus is playing up on me. Great drive but temperamental

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2750026]Main chip - MT1862N?
OPU - ???
Does the drive work with DosFlash32/DosFlash64 and EEPROM Utility?[/QUOTE]

Could not get Dosflash Running On my Laptop, main comp being built lol. But hear are some results I could do on my Laptop.

Hear are some more results.

Pic 1 EEProm

Pic 2 Flash Util

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Attached Firmware files, read from Liieon Util, EEProm and Flash Util

Regards
Paxster;-)