LiteOn iHAS124 E doesn't write

vbimport

Hi, it’s my first time at this forum. I have been reading posts for several hours, but I fell very noob and don’t get things clear.

First of all, I would like to express my grattitude for the fountain of knowledge of this forum and the generous help of everybody.

I have a LiteOn iHAS124 E since almost a year. I tried to burn a data DVD-R (Verbatim) this afternoon for the first time. At first, the device doesn’t recognize the media. After several tries I managed to burn one data DVD, but since then I can’t burn any more.

The device can read the DVD I burned.

Actually the device information in IMGburn is: Drive 1 - Info: ATAPI iHAS124 E 4L06 (H:) (SATA).

I have tried to burn several data DVD-R and it seems to fail at the same time, like always write X bytes and then get an error.

In Nero I get “The burn process failed at 16x”.

I can’t also erase any media, I get an error.

I tried to update the firmware with Smartpack and always get the same error. Begin the upgrade process and at 5 or 10% change to “Inquiry…” and get error “Unable to flash firmware. Please contact your vendor! 0-3-0-0 ATAPI iHAS124 E 4L06”.

I also open Flash Utility 7.2.0, find my device, but I don’t know exactly what options to select and where can I find de BIN file. When I open 4L0A.EXE I find two files with name 4L0A with no extension, one with 0 bytes size and the other with 1662976bytes.

I’ll be extremely grateful on any suggestion or idea.

PD: I’m spanish, please excuse my mistakes.

What other discs (from different batches) have you tried?

I would not suggest a flash unless you are certain this drive doesn’t burn ANY media. But to answer your question, you need to click Write and select the 4L0A.EXE file itself. You do not need a .BIN file. After you do this, don’t forget to update EEPROM as well and turn off/on computer.

[QUOTE=aztekk;2781739]What other discs (from different batches) have you tried?

I would not suggest a flash unless you are certain this drive doesn’t burn ANY media. But to answer your question, you need to click Write and select the 4L0A.EXE file itself. You do not need a .BIN file. After you do this, don’t forget to update EEPROM as well and turn off/on computer.[/QUOTE]

Thank you [I][B]aztekk[/B][/I] for your answer. I don’t know exactly what happened yesterday. Today y tried to erase on DVD-RW Pioneer DVS-RW47B/E and get errro “PMA actualization error”, translated from “Error de actualización PMA”. Then I burned succesfully a DVD data 415MB at 4x in a Sony DVD+RW. Then I tried same media (Sony DVD+RW) with 3323Mb and success.

Then I decided to try in another Verbatim DVD-R one, like yestarday and burned successfully 2 data DVD-R. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Pionner media I tried first todayis not on good conditions, but doesn’t explain what happened yesterday, also after unistalling Daemon Tools Lite and Nero DiscSpeed, the only software I installed after the first succesfully burn and before the erroneus burns.

While I was writing these post I burnt succesfully another Verbatim data DVD almost full (4483,7MB), so I don’t know what causes yesterday behaviour. :confused:

Thanks again :wink:

Pioneer hasn’t released any media in a long time. It is likely that the DVD-RW disc by Pioneer is not supported by any new drive.

Please let us know if you still have a problem updating firmware.

[QUOTE=Albert;2781783]Pioneer hasn’t released any media in a long time. It is likely that the DVD-RW disc by Pioneer is not supported by any new drive.

Please let us know if you still have a problem updating firmware.[/QUOTE]

Hello Albert,

Now the iHAS124 E burn my media without problems, I’m not thinking on updating firmware, unless it is recommended for any advantages which I don’t really know. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Bokepatza;2781790]Hello Albert,

Now the iHAS124 E burn my media without problems, I’m not thinking on updating firmware, unless it is recommended for any advantages which I don’t really know. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No, I don’t think there is any advantage. You can leave the firmware as-is. :slight_smile:

Ok Albert, I will leave it as is then.

Thank you all for your help :slight_smile: