Liteon iHAS124, 224, 324, 424 Y (DH24AY)

vbimport

Verbatim -R 16x
TYG03 @24x

Flash Utility and Binflash do not work on this Drive.

[QUOTE=2601;2438657]Flash Utility and Binflash do not work on this Drive.[/QUOTE]
Could you please try the -identify option with the commandline version from Binflash? I was at least able to flash the BL1Y firmware to my Optiarc drive, so there should be a way to make Binflash work with this drive.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2438680]Could you please try the -identify option with the commandline version from Binflash? I was at least able to flash the BL1Y firmware to my Optiarc drive, so there should be a way to make Binflash work with this drive.[/QUOTE]

I have uploaded the file to you.

Mitsubishi +R 16x
MCC004 @20x

Thanks 2601. Nice 20x MCC004 result. :clap:

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2438715]Thanks 2601. Nice 20x MCC004 result. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Kodak +R 16x
OPTODISC R16 @16x

Verbatim +R 8x
YUDEN000T02 @8x

Verbatim -R 16x
MCC03RG20 @20x

The iHAS324 Y does not support SmartErase feature.

What is the difference between the ZL1W & the BL1Y? I too have a iHAS424 Y & have been looking for a way to get it to RPC1.

EDIT: Just realized you have a 324

In order to make the drive RPC1 (or even RPC2 auto-reset) you probably need to flash a modified firmware. Binflash should be able to flash the firmware but I still need a way to properly identify the bootcode because The LiteOn firmwares return different values when being queried compared to those from Optiarc.

I tried Binflash but it doesnt see the drive,tried to also do a dump but couldnt. That sounded bad:doh:

[QUOTE=SCHU_P1;2440823]I tried Binflash but it doesnt see the drive,tried to also do a dump but couldnt. That sounded bad:doh:[/QUOTE]

Binflash can identify iHAS424 Y but can’t dump the firmware.

Mitsubishi -R 16x
MCC03RG20 @20x

[QUOTE=2601;2440997]Binflash can identify iHAS424 Y but can’t dump the firmware.[/QUOTE]
That error is already fixed on the version on my PC at home, but I need to do some more in order to get proper files.

I could provide this Binflash version to someone who’s willing to test. It would probably dump and flash OK, but the dumpfiles would still need a manual post-processing to be compatible with official firmwares (just changing the last two Bytes) and also a final Binflash version with official support for these drives.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2441023]That error is already fixed on the version on my PC at home, but I need to do some more in order to get proper files.

I could provide this Binflash version to someone who’s willing to test. It would probably dump and flash OK, but the dumpfiles would still need a manual post-processing to be compatible with official firmwares (just changing the last two Bytes) and also a final Binflash version with official support for these drives.[/QUOTE]

I’m willing to test. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2441023]That error is already fixed on the version on my PC at home, but I need to do some more in order to get proper files.

I could provide this Binflash version to someone who’s willing to test. It would probably dump and flash OK, but the dumpfiles would still need a manual post-processing to be compatible with official firmwares (just changing the last two Bytes) and also a final Binflash version with official support for these drives.[/QUOTE]

I’m willing to test dump the firmware from my “HP DVD Writer 1270r KH22” and send it to you if that helps in any way. :slight_smile:

Posted about my drive here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/hp-dvd1270i-ihasxxx-300883/

[QUOTE=chong;2441130]I’m willing to test dump the firmware from my “HP DVD Writer 1270r KH22” and send it to you if that helps in any way. :slight_smile:

Posted about my drive here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/hp-dvd1270i-ihasxxx-300883/[/QUOTE]
Please PM me your email address, so I can send you the new version. Does the current Binflash version already show your drive in the drop down list? If it doesn’t, it probably is not an Optiarc rebadge.