Liteon iHAS124-19b cross-flash problem

vbimport

can some one help please ineed a eeprom dump for my liteon ihas124-19 b drive and a stock firmware dump,just realised what I’ve done just got this drive and thought id made a back up but I’ve also got a liteon bd rom drive installed and I dumped the eeprom of the wrong drive,so when I went to put it back to stock just get the light blinking on the front cover of the drive I just cant get hold of a eeprom file for it been trying to install the wrong eeprom all day so if some one could help me out would be most pleased, thank you sorry am quiet new to this.

You say you’ve been TRYING to install the eeprom all day. Did the eeprom utility indicate that it successfully flashed the eeprom to your 124?

the eeprom that I’ve been using was off my ihos104-37 3 just did not realise until late in the day, can flash drive ok with new firmware drive is seen in windows but problem is the eeprom mismatch so need a eeprom dump,eeprom tool just keeps saying eeprom mismatch

with the eeprom utility the checksum is invalid use the repair checksum function the repair checksum then says sorry can not repair checksum contact code guys,does eney body know how to repair a checksum (md5) file please

Please don’t do anything more to the drive yet? You say you are trying to put the 124 “back to stock”. What did you do to the drive previously that made it not stock? You mention that the drive is seen in windows, what drive model is it seen as?

whats happened is that ive be emailing the vender wheir i got the drive i started emailing him yesterday and now he informs me the drive was allready flashed not knowing this i flashed the drive again and then the drive started blinking with the eeprom mesage i have asked him for the origanal firmware dump and eeprom dump but he does not have it. he says i should of known that it was allready flashed,so i need if posable a fix,or how to correct the eeprom,as isaid have to liteon drives and i saved the rong eeprom dump,tryd the burner max dump but nothing still flashing green light ,just keep getting eeprom check sum mismatch

the drive model is seen as ihasi24- alos just put media in and nothing just does not read it ,the firmware goes in easy off the lighton firware site just the convert drive bit on the eeprom uttility just keeps asy in checksum mismatch tried checksum repair but cant repair it

Let me see if I understand what you are saying.

The drive you bought came to you with burner max firmware installed?

Please look at the label on the drive itself and post the exact info from the label. Full model number and manufactured date.

Or better yet, post a picture of the label.

hello ill leave the details for the drive here now then i will upload a photo later as im trying to get the photo off my phone

model;iHASI24-19 B

S/N 228227501337 3743524223

MANUFACTURED DATE JULY 2012

some other numbers under bar code

4 718390 023238

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2668496]Let me see if I understand what you are saying.

The drive you bought came to you with burner max firmware installed?

Please look at the label on the drive itself and post the exact info from the label. Full model number and manufactured date.

Or better yet, post a picture of the label.[/QUOTE] can you tell me how to upload the picture that i took of the label please

have finaly uploaded the picture hope ive done it right just hope some one can help

Can you please use some punctuation or sentences, since it’s hard to follow what you’re trying to say?

I “think” this is what you wrote:

[ol]
[li]you have both an iHAS124 B and iHOS104 3
[/li][li]you tried to back up the iHAS124 EEPROM, but instead, backed up the iHOS104
[/li][li]you flashed the iHOS104 EEPROM into iHAS124, though it went okay, but iHAS124 doesn’t recognize any discs since conversion failed
[/li][li]you contacted the vendor to see if he/she had backed up the iHAS124 EEPROM, but he/she doesn’t have it
[/li][/ol]

If you CANNOT get a hold of the original EEPROM file for YOUR iHAS124, then you’re SOL, there’s nothing more you can do since you’ve already ruined the drive by flashing the EEPROM from iHOS104. An EEPROM from another iHAS124 will NOT work in your drive since the file is specific to that drive ONLY. Codeguys have retired from the forum.

[QUOTE=KTL;2670792]Can you please use some punctuation or sentences, since it’s hard to follow what you’re trying to say?

I “think” this is what you wrote:

[ol]
[li]you have both an iHAS124 B and iHOS104 3
[/li][li]you tried to back up the iHAS124 EEPROM, but instead, backed up the iHOS104
[/li][li]you flashed the iHOS104 EEPROM into iHAS124, though it went okay, but iHAS124 doesn’t recognize any discs since conversion failed
[/li][li]you contacted the vendor to see if he/she had backed up the iHAS124 EEPROM, but he/she doesn’t have it
[/li][/ol]

If you CANNOT get a hold of the original EEPROM file for YOUR iHAS124, then you’re SOL, there’s nothing more you can do since you’ve already ruined the drive by flashing the EEPROM from iHOS104. An EEPROM from another iHAS124 will NOT work in your drive since the file is specific to that drive ONLY. Codeguys have retired from the forum.[/QUOTE]
Thank you with your response i understand what you are saying seems like the eeprom is bricked,have now got another ihas 124-19 b that ive just fitted and is working fine not going to re flash this one. the bricked one will do for spares ive just learnt an expensive lesson thanks alot

yes i have a eeprom check sum mismatch that i do not know how to correct, have used the eeprom utility 6.20 but as ive said previously can not correct the mismatch flashed drive back to stock firmware loads in ok but drive just keeps blinking.
Drive comes up in windows as it should eeprom and flash tools reconise it as a liteon ihas 124 19b but the drive just blinks and is useless,feel ill just have to sit on this one untill i understand eeproms and check sums better, but as ive said failing that ive got a spare laser and other parts for my other drive if i can not sort this out:confused: