LiteOn iHAP322 burned audio discs wont play in one of my players

I just got a LiteOn iHAP322 a few days ago. Firmware UL18 came on it all ready. So far everything is working as it should except for burning Audio CD’s.
The audio cd’s will play on all my players except the one in my truck. I’m using the same media, software as I did before I switched the burner.
I’m at a loss here and can’t figure out what is going on.
Oh yeah, do I have to set the region of the burner? Because right now, the region is not set, according to Device Manager in Windows.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

TIA

OK, I just tried burning a cd, mp3’s to cda, that works fine when I burned it with other drive. Using the same files tried it with the LiteOn and it’s still a no go on the player in truck.
I set the region too, but it didn’t make a difference, but I was thinking that it probably won’t do anything any how as it’s for DVD.
I even tried 3 different burning programs plus what’s built in to Windows.

This is really mind boggling.

[QUOTE=mrZoso;2298427]OK, I just tried burning a cd, mp3’s to cda, that works fine when I burned it with other drive. Using the same files tried it with the LiteOn and it’s still a no go on the player in truck.
I set the region too, but it didn’t make a difference, but I was thinking that it probably won’t do anything any how as it’s for DVD.
I even tried 3 different burning programs plus what’s built in to Windows.

This is really mind boggling.[/QUOTE]
Let us know what brand discs, previous burner, and burning software you are using. Could throw out guesses, but might help to figger it out w/ more info :). Burning speed would help, too.

[B]Software:[/B]
VSO CopyToDVD
Nero 8
Cheetah CD Burner (DL trial to see if it would work)
Built-in Windows Burner
[I]Tried all the above with AnyDVD on and off.[/I]

[B]Media ID:[/B]
Ritek Co., 7-Phthalocyanine (Gold)

[B]Speeds I’ve tried:[/B]
48x
24x
16x
8x

[B]Old Drive:[/B]
LG GSA - H54L

OK, just ran to Wal-tard and picked up some Sony CD-R, that’s all they had, and it played, but it took it a long time to start and even when selecting certain tracks it will take a long time.
This is too strange there has to be something up, just can’t figure it out.

Found UL19 firmware and flashed it. I don’t think it made that much of a difference. But anyhow tried one of the original media discs at 8x and in Nero, under the CDA Options tab, I selected the “Device Dependent Strategy” for the CDA file strategy.
Player was able to read disc but it seemed to be struggling a little to get started and also again some tracks take quite a few seconds to start and others start instantly, when switching to them.

Are LiteOns that sensitive? I had one a couple years ago and never ran in to this kind of problem.

[QUOTE=mrZoso;2298506]Found UL19 firmware and flashed it. I don’t think it made that much of a difference. But anyhow tried one of the original media discs at 8x and in Nero, under the CDA Options tab, I selected the “Device Dependent Strategy” for the CDA file strategy.
Player was able to read disc but it seemed to be struggling a little to get started and also again some tracks take quite a few seconds to start and others start instantly, when switching to them.

Are LiteOns that sensitive? I had one a couple years ago and never ran in to this kind of problem.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you’ve found the issue. Every burner has its own “best choice” media. I’ve had very good burns with Taiyo Yudens and Falcons in my iHAS322 so far. Store-bought stuff not so good. T-Y’s tend to be a good choice for fussy players.

The thing I don’t get is the CDs play fine in all my other players except for the one in my vehicle, and that’s the one I’m burning it for. When I use the LG they work fine with no problems, and I’ve used many different brands of discs and have had the same results.
Personally, I think the LiteOn isn’t working properly or possibly burning in a different way? When I compare discs burned by the LG and LiteOn, by just looking at them, the ones burned with the LG looks more pronounced, the ones burned by the LG seem a little faint.
I’m going to exchange it and see what happens.