Liteon iHAP/iHAS 122, 222, 322, 422 8 (DH22A8)

vbimport

Just got my iHAP322 today, it came with FW: UL13, jitter does NOT work at the moment.

Anyone have a fix for this?

And here’s, to my knowledge, the first scan of this drive by this drive.

LiteOn iHAP322 - FW: UL13, SB/FHT/OHT

Verbatim DVD+R 16x @ 12x (MCC004) (PAPA)

Feel free to move this to the scanning thread, once it’s started.

I have a iHAS 120, and jitter scanning does not work with DiscSpeed so far (including DiscSpeed 5 beta). Only the modified Nero CD-DVD Speed version released by C0deKing does.

Thanks for the scan r_saotome.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2140763]Just got my iHAP322 today, it came with FW: UL13, jitter does NOT work at the moment.

Anyone have a fix for this?..[/QUOTE]
As packetloss says; try the Nero CD/DVD Speed version here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2107131-post78.html

and see if jitter works (don’t forget to turn it on in the advanced dialog, as well)…

Jitter is scary…:eek:

[QUOTE=worker;2140771]Jitter is scary…:eek:[/QUOTE]
Hi worker. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the scan. :eek: Do you have an older BenQ drive handy. I find the Samsung S223F does the same but BenQ jitter results look more realistic.

Haha…sorry, but that jitter scan looks like roller coaster. Funny in a way…

OK, I tried your modded ver C0deKing, jitter did work, but unfortunately, it didn’t obey the 4x setting. Hopefully a future FW will fix the jitter, so we don’t need to depend on any modded versions of Nero CD-DVD Speed, no offense C0deKing, I appreciate the fact you took the time to mod it, as well as all those other nifty little utilities…:slight_smile:

Here’s a scan with your modded version. Same disc as above.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2140779]OK, I tried your modded ver C0deKing, jitter did work, but unfortunately, it didn’t obey the 4x setting. Hopefully a future FW will fix the jitter, so we don’t need to depend on any modded versions of Nero CD-DVD Speed, no offense C0deKing, I appreciate the fact you took the time to mod it, as well as all those other nifty little utilities…:slight_smile:

Here’s a scan with your modded version. Same disc as above.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I hope Erik releases a version that supports the newer LiteOn’s as well (it’s not the firmware). :wink:

Make sure you have the 4x jitter setting in the correct registry path. Erik changed it in the later versions. :wink:

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2140774]Hi worker. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the scan. :eek: Do you have an older BenQ drive handy. I find the Samsung S223F does the same but BenQ jitter results look more realistic.[/QUOTE]

Here you go… Probably pushing these Sony branded TYG03’s a little too fast.

[QUOTE=worker;2140783]Here you go… Probably pushing these Sony branded TYG03’s a little too fast.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Yes, it does look that way.

Any chance of a 20x/22x +R burn. :flower:

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2140786]Thanks. Yes, it does look that way.

Any chance of a 20x/22x +R burn. :flower:[/QUOTE]

I’ll have to see what I have for decent +R media. It’s getting late so perhaps first thing in the morning…:wink:

[QUOTE=worker;2140790]I’ll have to see what I have for decent +R media. It’s getting late so perhaps first thing in the morning…;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks again worker. Just when you get the chance will be fine. G’night… :slight_smile:

LiteOn iHAP322 - FW: UL13, [B]SB/FHT/OHT[/B]

Taiyo Yuden (Premium) DVD-R 8x @ 8x (TYG02)

I know, I know, TY, we all know this is good media, but I’m just happy with this burn. I was AVG’ing around 20,000-40,000 PI’s (with this batch) on most of my other active burners, except the Optiarc AD-7200A, which pretty much matches this burn.

Feel free to move this to the scanning thread, once it’s started.

My next dvd burner will be the iHAS322. :iagree:
I hope in Wind’s support for this drive. :stuck_out_tongue:

And now for a little DL action, from a 50-pack bought @ SAM’s.

LiteOn iHAP322 - FW: UL13, [B]SB/FHT/OHT[/B]

Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x @ 2.4x (MKM001) (MIS), 1st: BenQ 1640, 2nd: LiteOn iHAP322

Forgot to enable Over Speed Writing, so the max burning speed was limited to 2.4x, which was painful to wait for & even more painful to scan, see for yourself.

Same 50-pack, this time with Over Speed Writing, enabled.

LiteOn iHAP322 - FW: UL13, [B]SB/OSW/FHT/OHT[/B]

Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x @ 4x (MKM001) (MIS), 1st: BenQ 1640, 2nd: LiteOn iHAP322

Pretty big difference @ 4x. The jitter spike during the layer-break seems to be normal for MKM001’s, but not for MKM003’s, at least for now. We’ll know for certain, once a FW is released that officially supports jitter scanning.

Now from a 15-pack of 8x DL’s.

LiteOn iHAP322 - FW: UL13, [B]SB/OSW/FHT/OHT[/B]

Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x @ 8x (MKM003) (MIS), 1st: BenQ 1640, 2nd: LiteOn iHAP322

Note: 12x & 16x were available as burn speeds for this media, but I don’t have the guts to try them. :wink:

Definitely not one of this burners strong points, since both my Pioneers & Optiarc AD-7200S burned these discs much better. But, since this is the drives first FW, I guess we can hope for improvement. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2141233]…We’ll know for certain, once a FW is released that officially supports jitter scanning.[/QUOTE]
FYI. The firmware already does support jitter scanning. The only reason it doesn’t work with Nero CD/DVD Speed is because the author looks at part of the drive’s ID to know whether to enable jitter or not. Currently anything with “ATAPI iHAS” or “ATAPI iHAP” is not supported. My patch to CDSpeed allowes it to detect this ID and then Nero CD/DVD Speed uses the same commands that the 20A3 uses to report the jitter from the iHA? drives.

I’m not real happy with this drive at this point. I hope it’s just firmware but +R is looking bad with this drive. All my other drives burn this lot of Verbatim with good results even @ 20X. Scanned in 20A3P because this drive stops in the middle of a scan intermittently. Could be an IDE timing issue. I hope Wind is still around, test firmware needed.:bigsmile:

^ Oh dear! I was hoping for better at 20x. 22x I could understand. We seem to be going backwards sinces the 20A3.

I take it that the drive still reads an SL disc at 16x?