LiteOn HD166 DVD Rip speed

How fast does this drive rip a dvd? My current one is very very slow, it takes about 45 mins for one disc. So I thought about getting a new drive, and this LiteOn is only about $35.

Anyone with one know what speed it rips at or if it can be boosted by firmware?

This drive is one of the fastest DVD rippers in the market. There no modded firmware to increase ripping speed as it already rips at a fairly good speed.

What source are you using when ripping takes about 45min?

If it’s from every source, you may want to check your DMA settings (Win9x: settings of the device; WinNT: settings of the IDE channel). If DMA is not enabled, enable it and try again.

Im using DVDShrink with my DVD Rom drive. Its an older one, so it probably wont go any faster. It rips at 2x. DMA is enabled.

Sorry, I just realized that I misinterpreted your question. I thought you owned a 166 series DVDROM drive from LiteOn that took about 45 minutes to rip a DVD.

What drive do you own right now? Although it’s an older drive, it possibly could do lots faster than 2x ripping. A firmware flash could help here…

But ok, the LiteOn DVDROM is probably lots faster…

Its an HP drive, I dont even know what model # it is, it doesnt say. Even on the drive itself.

Im just gonna get the LiteOn cuz this thing is pretty old.

Originally posted by y2j9090
[B]Its an HP drive, I dont even know what model # it is, it doesnt say. Even on the drive itself.

Im just gonna get the LiteOn cuz this thing is pretty old. [/B]

For $35 why not eh? :iagree: