Liteon EEPROM utility

the util on codeguys’ site seems to be down or false linked. where else can i get this tool?

As it said on the page. (Coming soon) :wink:

oh, sure. :rolleyes:

klicked 2 fast…

wats this eeprom utility do? Is it going to be possible to flash someone elses eeprom on to ours? For example, if my friend burnt 200 dvd-r so far and im gonna buy that brand, can i just flash my eeprom with his, so my dvd burner doesnt have to learn the new media??? anyways just thinking…

mc

@meghalc NO eeprom is individual

Hmm, I don´t think it´s that simple.

BTW, not all drives need “to learn”… and mine 812 is one of them… just thinking…
:wink:

The media calibration data is unique to each drive. It’s the drives way of fine tuning itself to the media. So this can never be an option. :wink:

Initially the utility will backup the eeprom, restore the eeprom and reset/clear all of the learnt media calibration data to give the drive a day one eeprom, which most people don’t have because they never knew about backing up the eeprom. :wink:

@pinto2
All LiteOn drives learn and the NEC 3500A does as well ;). With your 812S it may not be an error mountain that disappears; it can be as subtle as the PI/PIF count dropping. Like your MCC002@MCC003 scans in the Media forum (PIFs much lower on a later burn). :wink:

Sure, “learning” for me is something intelectual…
Then you can tell me how “to learn” my 812 drive to write perfect on crap media like Optodisc DVD-R´s… heh he.

Yeap I must admit, from time to time I reload my “virgin” eeprom. But only on occasions when nothing else helps…And sometime even this doesn´t pull up “KProbe scans” on crap media!

BTW, it was two weeks ago and at least 20 burns (on different media*) since my last MCC-002@MCC-003 burn.
I just wanted to test my good old RecordNowDX with latest pxEngine. “First birn”.
Note = MBI +R´s, OPTODISC -R´s, RICOH_R01, MCC-02RG20…

You’ll soon find out why this does not happen!!! :wink:

BTW, it was two weeks ago and at least 20 burns (on different media*) since my last MCC-002@MCC-003 burn.
I just wanted to test my good old RecordNowDX with latest pxEngine. “First birn”.
Note = MBI +R´s, OPTODISC -R´s, RICOH_R01, MCC-02RG20…

If you did not restore your eeprom since those last 20 burn were carried out then you would still be using a new learnt media calibration value, that you had never used before, based on you last burn of MCC003. In other words, it doesn’t matter how many burns you do of other media in between. :wink:

I can’t believe that the drive stores calibration data for all media (just guessing).

Exactly the same burn as here , but now on “virgin” eeprom… :smiley:
Just curious what my drive “learned” the past three weeks…

OK, so your drives default for that media is pretty much spot on. What’s your point?