LiteOn DVDRW SHOW-1633S (Poor Sound Quality playing DVD)

vbimport

I have recently installed a LiteOn DVDRW SOHW1633S and am experiencing very poor sound quality when playing DVDs in the LiteOn drive.

I have successfully downloaded the latest firmware upgrade for the LiteOn DVDRW SOHW-1633S and I also downloaded the latest upgrades for the Nero Software I am using, but this has not solved the problem.

I am not sure if this is because of the way the DVDRW is installed in my PC. I have not used the audio cable that came with the DVDRW as this was listed as optional in the manual.

I have a Creative Labs SB Audigy Audio (E000) Sound Card and there is a cable connection from that sound card to my CD-ROM, but no direct cable connection from the sound card to the DVDRW. I don’t know if I should be using the audio cable to make that connection, but there are spare connectors on the sound card to allow me to do that.

I also am not sure if my sound card has the digital specifications stated in the manual (on page 12 paragraph C) so I am not sure if I should be using a digital audio cable and whether or not the cable that came with the DVDRW is digital or analogue.

Can anyone let me know if I should be using the cable supplied and if this is an analogue or digital cable? Also will I need to alter any audio settings to ensure that the DVDRW works with analogue or digital?

I am not very knowledgeable about computers so please pitch any advice at a fairly low level!

I have a 902MHZ Processor, 320MB of RAM, a new 40GB HDD, and Windows XP Professional Version 2002.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi David,
its my understanding that if you wish to have sound played through your DVDRW you must connect a cable between it and the soundcard. Try it and see, using the cable supplied with drive.