LiteOn DVD writers & buffer underrun

Out of curiosity, do people know if the Buffer Underrun technology works for DVD burning? When I burn a CD with my LiteOn DVD burner, Nero writes “buffer underrun protection enabled” (or something along those lines; I don’t recall the exact wording) in the event log. But it doesn’t do that when I burn a DVD. Does this mean that there is no buffer underrun protection for DVD burns?

Originally posted by code65536
Out of curiosity, do people know if the Buffer Underrun technology works for DVD burning? When I burn a CD with my LiteOn DVD burner, Nero writes “buffer underrun protection enabled” (or something along those lines; I don’t recall the exact wording) in the event log. But it doesn’t do that when I burn a DVD. Does this mean that there is no buffer underrun protection for DVD burns?

I do believe that burnproof cannot be turned off with Liteon DVD writers.

Smartburn however can be.

Originally posted by debro
[B]I do believe that burnproof cannot be turned off with Liteon DVD writers.

Smartburn however can be. [/B]

But why the discrepancy in Nero between displaying that in the log when burning a CD but not displaying it in the log when burning a DVD? Is this a Nero-specific issue?

Originally posted by code65536
But why the discrepancy in Nero between displaying that in the log when burning a CD but not displaying it in the log when burning a DVD? Is this a Nero-specific issue?

Maybe because some cd writers DON’T have burnproff, but all dvd burners do.

It’s probably just kept in there for cd burning for legacy reasons.
May also be because they haven’t updated the cd writing engine for a long time? or forgot to take it out, though they wrote the DVD engine recently.