Liteon Dvd-rom Ltd122 Big Big Problem!

vbimport

hello doods…
i have buyd me a long time ago an LITEON DVD-ROM LTD122 … but i never use it… but no where my LITE ON CDROM is fucked up… i must use it… but now here is my problem… this DVD ROM reads CD-R/W VERY VERY BAD… i can only read an CD-R after 10 trys… and this suxxxxx… does any one know something what i can do? perhpas new firmware or something… pls help me…
thx bobble

Originally posted by bobble
hello doods…
i have buyd me a long time ago an LITEON DVD-ROM LTD122 … but i never use it… but no where my LITE ON CDROM is fucked up… i must use it… but now here is my problem… this DVD ROM reads CD-R/W VERY VERY BAD… i can only read an CD-R after 10 trys… and this suxxxxx… does any one know something what i can do? perhpas new firmware or something… pls help me…
thx bobble

Dont know if it will help, but try This Firmware, also a word of warning, the mods frown upon double posting, its best to keep your posting to just one forum. [Indeed. I’ve deleted the other one. … philamber]

Hope that firmware helps.

Thx for you answer… but the latest firmware i can find is IL6J … and this FW is already on my DVD rom ;(

Unfortunately in that case there is nothing much you can do, the drive is quite old, so it may be a case of the laser or something unfortunately giving up the ghost. Best bet in that case is to buy a new DVD drive, they are quite cheap nowadays (around £30 in the UK, don’t know where you’re based).

Sorry I couldnt be more of a help :frowning:

If you can, test your dvd 122 in another pc.

My ltd 122 have the same troubles with a Abit kt7 board, but with a ecs k7s5a the drive works much better.

hi… i have also an ECS board… and the CD rom doesnt worx also with an ASUS board… so thats not the problem… i have read inna nother forum thats an older firmeware IL5Z i think… is bedder than the latest one… so i flash my DVD rom with an older version… no it works 70% bedder as with the latest flash… but sometimes i get an frezze on my computer… when i use it now… but all think worx nice atm …
greets