Liteon drives and new beta 5

i performed the same test with the new liteon dvd/cdrw combo drive with beta 5.9.9.102 it works the same as the plex premium…backup plays fine in all my drives including my toshi…i used default settings which means it uses autoplay.

i will try without autoplay but my hunch is it wont work on the toshi without autoplay.

ok without autoplay burned on cd with the liteon drives sd2.9 will not run on my tohsiba cdrw laptop drive. so autoplay must do more than just hide atip…

yeah
guess it is needed forever or maybe untill VSO find a new way to use without autoplay.
but for now it is always autoplay needed for protections.
thanks for testing ,too.:bigsmile:

can’t you guys see this is really screwed up!

tohsiba cdrw laptop drive
Well of course it needs the auto-play your toshiba is a cdrw and you are using a safedisc title you have to hide the atip, so the auto-play client must be used.

guess it is needed forever or maybe untill VSO find a new way to use without autoplay.
As long as you are going to use your back-up in a standard cd or dvdrom you do not have to use auto-play. I don’t use auto-play nor is the client installed on my sons computer, no need to, he only has a cdrom installed in it so I don’t have to hide the ATIP since there is nothing there to read it.

And I guess your son is playing sd2.9 titles?

oh lets see, I don’t have to justify myself but uhh lets see…Devastation, Medal of Honor Allied Assault “BreakThrough”, BattleField 1942 “Secret Weapons of World War II”, Sim City 4 “Rush Hour”, Will Rock get the picture, it is no secret that I test Blindwrite, if there is a game that is tough I buy it to try for myself.

Originally posted by kamikazee
[B]Well of course it needs the auto-play your toshiba is a cdrw and you are using a safedisc title you have to hide the atip, so the auto-play client must be used.

As long as you are going to use your back-up in a standard cd or dvdrom you do not have to use auto-play. I don’t use auto-play nor is the client installed on my sons computer, no need to, he only has a cdrom installed in it so I don’t have to hide the ATIP since there is nothing there to read it. [/B]

um no i have a hide cdr media enabled without autoplay it should work the same way…but i get the temp errors without autoplay running on both the burned disk and the computer and hide cdr enabled (from alc 120)…i think it does more than just hide the atip. without the hide cdr media enabled i get a different error saying to insert the correct disk which is what i always get when hide atip is not enabled…I think autoplay does more than you think.

but then again im not getting the weak sectors detected like giovanii is with the latest version of blindwrite 4 so maybe its my drives.

That tmp error is the blacklist speaking… I think.
Or does this really mean that auto-play does not hide atip.
(I know what answer will be next from people here… guess that won’t be people from VSO to tell me that autoplay does not hide atip :stuck_out_tongue: )

Originally posted by Jay Sea
That tmp error is the blacklist speaking… I think.
Or does this really mean that auto-play does not hide atip.
(I know what answer will be next from people here… guess that won’t be people from VSO to tell me that autoplay does not hide atip :stuck_out_tongue: )

no its not blacklist…the latest version of alc 120 is not blacklisted by this title at least thats what the alc persons told me…

and i know autoplay hides the atip but it only works if you Burn the image using it. hidecdr media is supposed to hide the media from the cdrw from detecting that it exists.

let me put it this way mohaa spearhead i can get a perfect copy without autoplay to run on my laptop drive, medal of honor breakthrough i cant…it doesnt get more simple than that.

I beleive that they just have better performing drives…like the moderator said a while back some of the premiums seem to work better than others as far as copying safedisk 2.9…or that the drives they are testing thier copies on are very tolerant of the image being a little different…my liteons are like that they will run non perfect copies fine but my sony drive is more picky and my toshi drive is very picky.

also his sons cd drive may be more tolerant than my toshi cdrw…i know my drive is very picky about safedisk (i actually had a original safedisk that wouldnt run on it!)

and both games are using sd2.9?

and both games are using sd2.9?

no spearhead is sd 2.7 breakthrough is sd 2.9…hence the problem is my drive not backing it up exactly…i mean i can get it to work fine with autoplay and have no problem with using it…but wakemonkeypimp has a point in that the burned image does not match the harddrive one for sd 2.9 where he was getting perfect copies with previous versions.

My trouble is that both my originals were sd2.9 and the first one was easily to be backuped, but the other one is impossible.

My trouble is that both my originals were sd2.9 and the first one was easily to be backuped, but the other one is impossible.

what was the second one?

generals Zero Hour

I may have that title is that the expansion…if its the expansion i dont think i have it…so cant test it.

.tmp error ------> weak sectors not 100% correctly burned ----> autentication fails.

Good luck!

hmm have you tried it with bw 4.9.9.102 and autoplay ? i cant really help you much with that specific title.

.tmp errors can also happen when your trying to run a non autoplay burned cdr/cdrw on a cdrw drive even with ignore cdr media on on some very picky drives like my toshi dvd/cdrw one which is more picky than cdfreaks toshi drive it seems. but with autoplay on i have no problems running the title…no its not generals.

so u only need autoplay for CDwriter to play or for protection?

to play on a cdrw…if i burn it without autoplay and then try to play it with just ignore cdr which i have with alc 120 i get temp errors…older titles ie sd2.7 and lower will play fine on that drive without autoplay burned on them…

its either alc 120 hide cdr doesnt work on that drive, alc 120s virtual drive is somehow blacklisted even though i have it set to 0, or the image isnt 100% accurate on backup. (im leaning toward the latter).

but with autoplay burned its all good i can play it with my cdrw or on my other computer without autoplay on its cdr drive.

sidenote: new beta 104 may have problems with safedisk im testing it out now…102 works fine i confirmed that but a 102 autoplay burned backup will not work with the 104 version of autoplay…not sure why its not backward compatable but that may be why its called beta.