LiteOn drive advanced settings

vbimport

Which of the LiteOn advanced settings (Force HyperTuning, Online HyperTuning,
SmartBurn, OverSpeed, OPC History) should be enabled for best burning results?
I mainly use Verbatim media if this matters.

You have to try for yourself for each batch of media you encounter. There is no hard & fast rule for this, I’m sorry to say.

There are various notes around the forum about what each is; you should DEFINITELY read up on it all before you decide what to try and what not to try. :slight_smile:

I asked because from what I could find in the forum I could not get a definite answer to my question. I only have SmartBurn enabled and I was thinking if any of the other settings could help to improve the quality of burns.

There is NO definite answer because of different MIDs. SmartBurn is on by default and typically all you need. The other advance settings are more aggressive burn options that you can consider, at the cost of sacrificing discs.

The above is very true. Sometimes…[QUOTE=KTL;2689975]There is NO definite answer because of different MIDs. SmartBurn is on by default and typically all you need. [/QUOTE]
…applies to different batches of the SAME disc model, due to variances in the manufacturing process. Sometimes the drive could do better, sometimes not.