LiteOn doesn't report C2 errors in CD-DVD Speed

I have a LiteOn SHM-165P6S DVD RW drive. Using CD-DVD Speed, I have scanned in some music CDs which I burnt. It reports the C1 errors, but doesn’t ever show C2’s. Or is it that the discs don’t contain any C2 errors?

Is CD-DVD Speed capable of displaying C2 errors when scanning with LiteOn burners?

Just thought I’d ask, cos I would like to know if this is normal?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi,

normally, a CD-R should not have any C2 error.
Most Liteons should report C2, verify with Nero Infotool.
Or perform the final test: Burn a CD on the cheapest media with max speed. After that you may scratch the disc a little bit (give them to children to play with). Then scan them again.
Also you can use Kprobe for scanning.

Michael

The Liteon 165P6S reports C2 errors so your discs are good.

Thanks guys. I’ll get a scan up shortly, so you can take a look. :slight_smile:

Oh by the way, I’ve been using 52x Verbatim and Imation CD-R media.

None of the LiteOn DVD burners should be trusted for scanning CDR, they report a very small fraction of the errors that a CDRW drive will on the same disc.

Verbatim can be CMC or Verbatim but watch out for the “made in China” stuff starting to come out. Imation is often MBI made in India and is actually pretty good.

Verbatim 52x CD-R -

(Scanned at maximum to save time, though I usually use 4 or 8x. I did this disc a while ago, and haven’t got a clue what speed burn it was)

Cheers for that. The Verbatim discs I have, were made in India. Same goes for the Imation ones - both India.

What I don’t understand, is why don’t many people on this forum use Imation CD and DVD media? It’s like one of the most popular brands, and it’s good quality stuff too. :iagree:

I can’t speak for others, but Imation DVD media has any of 8 media codes and only one of them is anything I would use. Also, the Imation CDs are good but I never see them on sale and anything over $15 is too expensive.

IMO imation stopped being good when they stopped using TY for their CD-Rs