Liteon DH20A4H install issues

Greetings! I am having some issues with installing my new Liteon DH20A4H DVD recorder.

I am running Windows Vista with all of the latest updates. When I installed the drive into my system, it shows up as a DVD RW Drive under Computer, but is not recognized as a burner by any of the software. When I check the installed drivers, Vista is showing this drive as a CD-Rom drive. (driver file: \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive, switching the drive switch from Cable Select to Master, no good.

Lite-on’s website shows no drivers or firmware for this drive. I’m at a loss. Has anyone else had an issue like this? What do I try next? (Before I take this drive back to the store)

Thank you.

XP and Vista have their own drivers. cdrom.sys is the appropriate file. There is no dvdrom.sys.
What apps are you using to burn with?

I was able to burn an ISO image of Ubuntu Linux to a DVD with no problems using CloneDVD.

Nero has for some reason now disappeared from my system… interesting…

AnyDVD is not recognizing the drive as a DVD drive - it says there are none available.

CyberLink LabelPrint does not recognize the LightScribe drive either - it’s supposed to show LightScribe as an option when it detects such a device.

With being able to burn that ISO image, now I’m wondering if this a device issue or something else… :confused:

I have a new computer with the same issue. ULEAD, NERO do not detect my Liteon DH20A4H burner. However, ConvertXtoDVD is able to see and write to it.
I went to the Lite-On site to download drivers/firmware etc and tried the QP5B XFlash. When I try to install it, I get the error message "No mached drive detected!"
I have a MSI X58 Platinum system with Windows XP Home (SP3). I’ve checked the internet for days with no luck finding a fix.

Regards Bill

[QUOTE=Shoozleboy;2035780]I was able to burn an ISO image of Ubuntu Linux to a DVD with no problems using CloneDVD.

Nero has for some reason now disappeared from my system… interesting…

AnyDVD is not recognizing the drive as a DVD drive - it says there are none available.

CyberLink LabelPrint does not recognize the LightScribe drive either - it’s supposed to show LightScribe as an option when it detects such a device.

With being able to burn that ISO image, now I’m wondering if this a device issue or something else… :confused:[/QUOTE]

Is that the only optical drive installed?