LiteOn DH20A3P Fast Read, Fast Burn, & Enhanced OverSpeed & Enhanced OHT Firmware *NEW*

vbimport

LiteOn DH20A3P Fast Read, Fast Burn, Enhanced OverSpeed & Enhanced OHT Patched Firmware
Official Thread

Fast Read (-FR):
Fast Read converts the 16x read speed to an 18x read speed. Reading has proved to be very reliable at this speed in the latest MTK drives. To date I haven’t found a disc that will read at 16x, that won’t read at 18x. Tools that report the read speed will still show the drive as a 16x reader and the next lower read speed is 12x.

Fast Burn (-FB):
FastBurn uses a higher burn RPM for 12x burning with both +R and -R media. Now the 20A3x drives can do 12x burning typically in less than 6:30.

Enhanced OverSpeed (-EOS):
Enhanced OverSpeed allows DVD+R and DVD-R media to be burned at, up to, 20x. Please understand that because this speed is offered, it does not necessarily mean that it will burn successfully at this speed. You will need to experiment to see what the highest successful burn speed for your media is. If you are using applications that don’t allow you to set the burn speed, then I suggest you don’t uses the version with Enhanced OverSpeed, “-eos” in the file name.

Possible burn speeds above branded speed:
2x -> 16x: 4x - 8x - 12x - 16x - 18x[ - 20x]

Some 20x are still blocked, until I have the time to unlock this.

Enhanced Online HyperTuning (-EOHT):
Uses a more sensitive OHT, which increases in sensitivity towards the end of the burn, to ensure even better burn quality, while fast burning, overclocking or burning media at rated speeds.

Additional results can be found here.

Subscribe to this thread for additional releases. :wink:
Click here to subscribe.

Note: Results can still be posted in the normal 20A3P scans threads but please state that the FastBurn firmware was used.

Additional notes:
1/ Use the EEPROM Utility to make a backup of your EEPROM before flashing, just in case.
2/ The Test SmartBurn should be used to enable OverSpeed (Enhanced OverSpeed).
3/ Only 12x burns are affected by the FastBurn patch. Burning at other speeds is the same as using stock firmware.
4/ Test firmware is only provided with the 12x Fast Burn patch.
5/ Using this firmware will void your warranty. If your drive should fail after flashing to this firmware, do not return it, instead do the right thing and purchase a new drive.

-fb = Fast Burn
-fr = Fast Read
-eos = Enhanced OverSpeed (OS)
-eoht = Enhanced Online HyperTuning (OHT)

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Downloads:
DH20A3P (XP5Z FR FB EOS): Download
DH20A3P (XY12 FR FB EOS EOHT): Download
DH20A3P (XY13 FR FB EOS EOHT 5): Download

DH20A3H (YY11 FR FB EOS EOHT 6): Download

DH20A3L (EP58 FR FB EOS EOHT 5): Download

Test Firmware:
DH20A3 (9V6D/EV6D/XV6D/YV6D HT743 FR EOHT 8): Download

DH20A3P (XV5J HT689 FB): Download
DH20A3P (XV68 HT717 FR FB EOS EOHT 6): Download

DH20A3S (9V68 HT717 FR FB EOS EOHT 6): Download

DH20A3L (EV68 HT717 FR FB EOS EOHT 6): Download

Very interesting. :clap:

HP 16x +R ( CMCMAG M01 ) burned at 12x

Bad batch.

Sony 16x -R ( SONY16D1 ) burned at 12x

Great! I’ll use this with my drive…

[QUOTE=Wind;1940538]Great! I’ll use this with my drive…[/QUOTE]
It’s a pleasure to have you around, my friend. :slight_smile:

Thanks Wind and CK for the firmwares. So far, my 20A3P clone is liking it. CK, any chance for the XV5J with fast read?

Thanks COdeKing. I’ve been looking forward to this:bow:

XP5Z FB FR EOS
Cleared OPC History
Burn #1
Verbatim DVD-R16x, MCC 03RG20 (MAP710), Taiwan
@12, All - on, 6:26
Scanned with same drive and 20A4P at 8x
P.S. Jitter test with LtnFlash goes on and on, never stops. And strange noise from the drive. I think I need 4.7.7.7 badly.

XP5Z FB FR EOS
Burn #2
Verbatim DVD-R16x, MCC 03RG20 (MAP710), Taiwan
@12, HT - off, 6:14
Scanned with same drive and 20A4P
BenQ1640 for both burns gave Class2.

Thank’s Codeking.

XP5Z FB FR EOS
Burn #3
Verbatim DVD-R16x, MCC 03RG20 (MAP711), Taiwan from another spindle
@12, HT - off, 6:14
Scanned with same drive and 20A4P

Sony 16x -R ( SONY16D1 ) burned at 12x. 689HT-FB

2nd burn with FB firmware with that MID.

What are the scannings speeds like for dvr-9

can i flash the DH-20A3L with this patched firmware? what’s the difference between XP5Z and XV5J?

[QUOTE=jadedxx;1955807]can i flash the DH-20A3L with this patched firmware? what’s the difference between XP5Z and XV5J?[/QUOTE]

Hi jadedxx and welcome to CdFreaks. :slight_smile:
No, you can’t flash the drive because the firmware is for the PATA version.
XV5J is a test firmware, always for the DH-20A3P. :slight_smile:

Hi jadedxx and welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

I’ve added DH20A3L EP55 FB FR EOS to the first post.

You might want to check out the test firmware in this thread as well:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-dh20a3-test-firmware-results-discussion-227621/

Thanks, mognegna. How silly of me not to have guessed it right. :bigsmile:

Nice, C0deKing. Really nice. Finally, I can try [B]FB, FR & EOS [/B][COLOR=black]with the [/COLOR]DH20A3L. I guess SATA users wouldn’t be left in the dark afterall. :clap:

Can anyone explain why XP5Z(fb,fr,eos) reports jitter significantly higher than XV5P? Codeking?

[QUOTE=C0deKing;1956020]Hi jadedxx and welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

I’ve added DH20A3L EP55 FB FR EOS to the first post.

You might want to check out the test firmware in this thread as well:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-dh20a3-test-firmware-results-discussion-227621/[/QUOTE]

So c0deKing, how about adding FB/FR/EOS for the 20a3s, plain SATA version? Or is the test firmware from wind pretty much all I can play with if I have the 7190s optiarc and want to convert it to the 20a3s? I suppose after flashing, I can use omnipatcher to make a better firmware?

Your advice (or anyone else’s) appreciated.