LiteOn DH18A1P issue

vbimport

hey all im new to the forum.

I have an ATAPI DVD A DH18A1P ATA DL burner. Heres the problem.

I Put in a DL disc and was waiting for it to load up but windows didnt seem to reconise the disc, i could hear the burner attempting to read it but no joy.

I then tried to put a clean copy of vista onto my pc again and i put the disc in and it reconised the blank dl disc. it. then as soon as i installed imgburn it stopped working again. this is highly frustrating. i tried lookin on the site and on google for firmware updates but there was nothing there.

The discs im using are Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL.

I hope you can help

Thank You

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

For what I know, Windows has not a burning engine embedded so Windows is not able to “recognize” blank media.

Can you try a little test? Run imgburn first and then insert the blank media on the drive. Can you see the disc information on ImgBurn?

u talking about the log?

I 18:26:01 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!
I 18:26:01 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)
I 18:26:01 Total Physical Memory: 784,256 KB - Available: 171,228 KB
I 18:26:01 Initialising SPTI…
I 18:26:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 18:26:01 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

thats wat it said…

It seems to read any other disc but Dls

it also said “device not ready (no reference position found)”

[QUOTE=shwazz;2149612]u talking about the log?

I 18:26:01 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!
I 18:26:01 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)
I 18:26:01 Total Physical Memory: 784,256 KB - Available: 171,228 KB
I 18:26:01 Initialising SPTI…
I 18:26:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 18:26:01 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

thats wat it said…

It seems to read any other disc but Dls

it also said “device not ready (no reference position found)”[/QUOTE]

No, I was referring to the right panel in ImgBurn :slight_smile:

ill get back to you tomorrow on that if thats ok. its just im not in my own computer at the moment so lol.

Thats wat im getting when i load up img then the disc, then thats wat i end up with when it just kind of like gives up

any ideas what it could be?

If after a fresh installation of Vista the drive is working good, then it’s clear that there is some software causing troubles.

Do you have also other software like Alcohol or Daemon Tools? Many users complained that if not correctly configured these software can cause problems, but I don’t know details :frowning:

Moreover, I never used Vista, so I’m not able to give more detailed suggestions about settings in that system :frowning:

thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

em, well i did but when i put on vista again it wiped everything so i dont have any virtual drives on the computer…