Liteon DH-52R2P08C issues

Hello. I have owned 3 or 4 cdr & dvd/cdr combo units. All worked fine out of the box.
I just bought a Liteon dh-52r2p08c from newegg. (box says 52x32x52)
No driver needed, just wants generic windows atapi driver.
I get alot of burns that say fail. Using the same imation 52x media I never have problems with before. two different lots. Happens at any speed I write at.
All of these play fine, but the time code is weird. If you drag the playing cd into the next track, it will go there but not always increment the track listing.
Got them to send a second one, same thing. Fails about 50% of the time.
Write error at the end, I assume while writing the toc.
Can’t find it listed at liteon site to check if newer firmware needed.

I think I covered all settings, but this is strange. Has to be an external problem, no? This drive is ‘product of the year’ and has no negative feedback at newegg.
Didn’t see anything pertinent in the faq. What am I missing? Some setting about trailing bits?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,[QUOTE=rebubula;1926723]
I just bought a Liteon dh-52r2p08c from newegg. (box says 52x32x52)[/quote]This one: http://www.cdfreaks.com/devices/CD-RW/Lite-On/DH-52R2P.html ?

I get alot of burns that say fail. Using the same imation 52x media I never have problems with before. two different lots. Happens at any speed I write at.
Please try other media from a different manufacturer.

Got them to send a second one, same thing. Fails about 50% of the time.
Write error at the end, I assume while writing the toc.
Please try other CD writing software, also another IDE cable (flat ribbon, 18") and/or try the drive in another computer to sort out any system issues.

Can’t find it listed at liteon site to check if newer firmware needed.
This drive can be found on Liteon Europe website, but I haven’t seen any firmware there.

This drive is ‘product of the year’ and has no negative feedback at newegg.
“Product of the Year” must be a joke in times, plain CD writers aren’t really demanded.

Michael