Liteon DH-20A4P will not recognize dvd media

vbimport

I am having a problem with my Liteon model #: DH-20A4P recognizing dvd media. It will not recognize DVD games, or blank DVD +R discs. It does however recognize CDROM’s. Anyone have any ideas? I’ve uninstalled from device manager, checked jumper settings, updated driver/firmware. Any help is appreciated.

[QUOTE=JALEX22;2577161]I am having a problem with my Liteon model #: DH-20A4P recognizing dvd media. It will not recognize DVD games, or blank DVD +R discs. It does however recognize CDROM’s. Anyone have any ideas? I’ve uninstalled from device manager, checked jumper settings, updated driver/firmware. Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

That particular drive has 2 laser diodes, one for DVD, and one for CD-ROM, my best guess here is that the laser diode that is for DVDs has gone bad. Anyone else feel free to correct me though!

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it had two diodes. But I was kind of figuring that. Thanks again.

If it isn’t the laser try flashing the firmware with this:

I use this one for this drive:
LH-20A4P (9P59 FB FBL EOS EOHT 6 *DUAL):
Be sure to use the flash utility & EEprom utility at the bottom of the first post.
These can save what you now have as the firmware .
It would have been beter if you still had the original to save just in case.

I remember an old QSI drive a had a long time ago, had 2 visible lenses, one for CD the other for DVD, the one for CDs went bad and it wouldn’t read or burn them, DVDs worked fine however! Try the firmware first though.