LiteOn DH-20A4P Doesn\'t recognize discs whatsoever

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-20A4P. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]At first when I installed this drive, my computer wouldn’t recognize the drive itself at all, then I was just messin around with MagicIso Virtual CD/DVD manager and it “magically” appeared under My Computer.

The problem is, now it shows up and what have you, but it does not read discs at all. I can hear it whirring around in there like it’s trying to do something, but then it just starts making clicking sounds. After all that, when I try to open the directory to do whatever I’m doin, it tells me to insert a disc into the drive.

Now, I don’t know anything about installing drivers from the net or anything like that, because this is literally the first piece of hardware I’ve actually installed myself.

If anyone could help with this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks if anyone can help with this, or else its a waste of almost $50

And on top of that, It also made my other older drive stop working as well. Neither of them even so much as blink when I insert any kind of disc.

Are you using 80 wire IDE cable? They cost just 2 or 3 bucks and are needed for newer drives.

If it appeared just after you messed around with Virtual CD/DVD manager, it could be the emulated virtual drive.

Like bevills1 said, get a 80 wire IDE cable check the connections. Also see if the drive appears in the BIOS. if it does, connections are okay. Then open up Device Manager in Windows and see if its there.