LiteOn DH-16D2P Read Speed Patch

LiteOn’s newest DVD-ROM drive with DVD-RAM read.

I’m looking for someone with this drive that could help test the alpha read speed patch for this drive, so I can then add it to OmniPatcher.

Please post here or PM me if you can help out. :flower:

Looks like I finally have this sorted. A very big thanks to [B]Nero FX[/B] for all of the testing. :flower: His drive is probably still sizzling from all of the flashing. :bigsmile: Also thanks to the others that offered to help and provided current read speeds. :flower:

I’m going to release here, a patched version of HP55, that has 16x ROMSL & +/-R, 12x ROMDL & +/-RW & +/-R DL, 5x RAM, which should be what most would want anyway.

I’d appreciate anyone that can show tests of the above media, especially ROMDL & +/-R DL and also RAM. Thanks.

Download: HP55 RS

Impressions about the drive’s reading abilities on scratched discs would be welcomed too. :flower:
By the way, does it scan?

Ditto :flower:

CodeKing,

I have the HP DH16A1L writer that came with my PC recently. Do you know if this firmware is compatible? If not, is there a mod firmware for it somewhere?

Thanks for all of the great works you have been providing to this community. :slight_smile:

@DVD-VIP

The DH-16D2P is a DVD Reader. The DH.16A1L is a DVD-Writer. So ist not Compatible ^^.

@talos_2002

The drive can do scans but Nero DiscSpeed (4.9.0.0) show sometimes a failure.

http://nefx.ne.funpic.de/Scans/DS%20Failure.png

Hi DVD-VIP. If you send me the firmware, read using the flash utility, I should be able to do you a fastburn and extended overspeed version, if you want. Email address can be found on the contact page of my site.

Firmware sent. Can’t wait to test out the firmware. Thanks for your help as always. :flower:

Hello everybody, I’m a new user in the forum :slight_smile:

[quote=C0deKing;1899294]LiteOn’s newest DVD-ROM drive with DVD-RAM read.

I’m looking for someone with this drive that could help test the alpha read speed patch for this drive, so I can then add it to OmniPatcher.

Please post here or PM me if you can help out. :flower:[/quote]Is now the LiteOn DH-16D2P officially compatible with OmniPatcher?
So, can I modify the firmware to set the read-speed at lower values (1x 2x 4x)?

Sorry Mark83. Because of the lack of interest in DVD-ROM patches, I’ve decided to discontinue supporting new DVD-ROM drives with OmniPatcher. OP v2.6.2 will be the last release.

[quote=C0deKing;1972942]Sorry Mark83. Because of the lack of interest in DVD-ROM patches, I’ve decided to discontinue supporting new DVD-ROM drives with OmniPatcher. OP v2.6.2 will be the last release.[/quote]Thanks for your reply, C0deKing; so, no more OmniPatcher…
but what about the LiteOn DH-16D2P Read Speed Patch (HP55 RS)?
Is it a modded firmware? Is it a stable revision?
Can I use it on a DH-16D2P to set the read-speed at lower values (1x 2x 4x)?

Yes, it’s read speed patched. See post #2. It will only make your drive read faster.

“Nero FX” reported that it worked with the media he had, but no one replied to my post #2.

[quote=C0deKing;1973102]Yes, it’s read speed patched. See post #2. It will only make your drive read faster.[/quote]Is it possible to make the drive read slower (1x 2x or 4x for ex.)?
I wish to insert it in a High Definition DVD-Player (XORO HSD 8500), instead of the default EPO DP-306D that reads at 10x and makes a lot of noise…

try Nero DriveSpeed: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html
or CD Bremse (german interface…): http://cdbremse.dyndns.org/cdbremse.htm

[quote=chok0;1975059]try Nero DriveSpeed: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html
or CD Bremse (german interface…): http://cdbremse.dyndns.org/cdbremse.htm[/quote]The problem is that I have to use it in a DVD-Player (XORO HSD 8500), not in Windows or Linux, so the changes have to be made in the firmware itself.
I can also save the firmware from my EPO Drive by using MTKflash, but I’m not able to modify it to set up the reading speed.

oh, ok. then you need help from an expert…

I do own some Lite-on 16D2P drives, but it seems that they do not read CD-RW has anybody had the same problem (might come from the eeprom settings) ?
I did downgrade the HP57 with the modified fw and will try to give you my opinion.

The modified fw has enabled speeds from x8 to x48 on the CDBremser utility.

Cheers,

Jeremie

I have not seen a big difference concerning AUDIO CDs playback, the 16D1P is still better in term of noise.

Concerning the CD-RW issue, it seems to be the drive itself, a second one works fine with this type of media.

good day splendid people, has anyone yet had any joy with obtaining or can anyone help me with a firmware for this drive to limit the read speeds to 2x cd & 4x dvd, I really really really need this as do others, I would even consider paying someone to help with rewriting a firmware for the drive, just to itterate the drive is not going to be used on a pc so software utils are no good for the purpose, please if anyone can help i guess this is the place

Cheers!