Liteon deal at office max? is a good one

i was just at office max and they had a liteon lh-20a1h186c for $39.99 and i used the $10 off $20 so i got it for $29.99. I need another burner to replace and old one that is no longer working and got this one. Is it a descent burner for the price of a local retailer or should i take it back and order something from online? i dont know where it was made because i have yet to open it but it was made august 2007…

Nope you got a good deal on a good burner if you ask me.

I have the 20A1P crossflashed into a BenQ DW2000. I love it. Good deal in my opinion :). I paid 27.99 for mine (but free shipping and no tax)

I also bought this drive today with the $10 off coupon. If you want to upgrade your firmware to the latest which is lloc -Lite on site doesn’t have it. I found the latest firmware on the codeguys. I will post the link-You have to go near the bottom of the page to find the lite-on 20A1H. good luck. I also bought a sony drive from staples on black friday for $28. less $8. rebate. Here is link for firmware.
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

Lots of good deals! Bought Lite-On 20a1h-186 from Newegg for $34.99…no tax or shipping. Also bought the Sony from Staples for $28 - $8 rebate.

Which is the best Lite-On drive? 20A1P, 20A3P, or 20A4P? There have been deals on all of them lately.

[QUOTE=negritude;1940358]Which is the best Lite-On drive? 20A1P, 20A3P, or 20A4P? There have been deals on all of them lately.[/QUOTE]

I own all 3. At the moment, I prefer the A3P. And, today only, you can get the Nec 7190 (which can be cross-flashed to the A3P) for $24.99, free shipping, and $5 back from PayPal. $19.99 net, hard to beat that.

If you’re at all interested, go to the Liteon forum and read the thread on the test firmware straight from “Wind” at Liteon.

the one i bought yesterday already has the lloc firmware from the start so i guess i am set!

What is your opinion on which of these drives is best?

LiteOn LH-20A1H
LiteOn LH-20A1P

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1941982]What is your opinion on which of these drives is best?

LiteOn LH-20A1H
LiteOn LH-20A1P[/QUOTE]They are the same but the “H” model has Lightscribe.

I have the 20A1P and it does everything it’s supposed to very well for me. Others don’t like them so…it’s the same with most all burners out now. Some like, some don’t on all brands/models.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1942005]They are the same but the “H” model has Lightscribe.

I have the 20A1P and it does everything it’s supposed to very well for me. Others don’t like them so…it’s the same with most all burners out now. Some like, some don’t on all brands/models.[/QUOTE]
Def agree with you. My 20A1P does pretty much everything consistently well.

I just bought one tonight as well…hoping for the best, have always had good luck with liteon drives

liteon has a firmware upgrade for LH-20A1H

[QUOTE=STEVE777411;1950539]liteon has a firmware upgrade for LH-20A1H [/QUOTE]

And what version would that be? The newest I have seen is LLOC and thats been around for a while. I have been waiting for a new version since I crossflashed my 20A1H over to a Benq 2010. I have also been looking for Liteon to release a 20A4H drive so I could try that crossflash as well.
budzos

Despite being on top of CD burners producers, Lite-On did not shine on manufacturing of DVD burners. It has been so doubt always about Lite-On DVD burners when comes to liability and integrity of their operation.

[QUOTE=TCAS;1950672]Despite being on top of CD burners producers, Lite-On did not shine on manufacturing of DVD burners. It has been so doubt always about Lite-On DVD burners when comes to liability and integrity of their operation.[/QUOTE]
I have 2 16x and 2 20x Liteys holding up just fine despite heavy use on some of them, never had to RMA a drive yet. On burn quality they hold their own against any burner I own. My BenQs are far fussier burners despite burning some +R exceptional well.