Liteon Combo LTC 48161H/K Firmware bug?

While installing the new firmware (CO48KH0B) update for my liteon combo, this error message appears:
Photo

Select your combo drive from the dropdown listbox. It isn’t so hard to do it :wink:

Hehe you be glad it didn’t flash or you would have a very useless LG :stuck_out_tongue:

He was not trying to flash the LG, that error will pop up even before it lets him get to the main window to choose from the drop down.

What is your current firmware version? This flasher will only flash drives with firmwares between KH01 and KH0B.

If you have a different version, then I might ask you to back it up using mtkflash in DOS and send it to me.

Right, thank you dhc014, I’m not that stupid Airhead & dwrbudr.

Nero infotool says version KH0D.
I can’t burn at 48x, while it should.

Tomorrow I’m gonna test the DVD(+R/W) and video, if there occur any problems I’m gonna mail my firmware version copy.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Can you send me a backup of your firmware please? It’s actually newer than the one available on liteonit.com :wink:

Use mtkflash in DOS.

I have the the same issue with this burner only burning at 40X.

Has anyone found a fix yet?

Originally posted by JeroenC
Right, thank you dhc014, I’m not that stupid Airhead & dwrbudr
Sorry about that but we get all sorts of people here :wink:
dhc014 is of course correct, you should keep your current firmware :slight_smile:

i had the exact same problem. mine shipped with KH0D, funny thing is that the one on liteonit says KH0B or whatever, and was released AFTER i got my drive. but it seems to be a lower revisions. i can mail it to you today dhc014, if xcalibur doesn’t.

mine burns fine at 48x, but is picky about media. my other liteons (regular cdr 52x) burns “Great Quality” media just fine. these discs are LD which i take to mean leadtek data or whatever. burnt for a year or so no problems, probably 300 discs. but the combo drives absolutely hate them. princo burns fine (the one that came with the drive) as well as Taiyo Yuden (fujis).

I got KH0D from another source. KH0B is supposedly only one day older than KH0D.

mine is only detected in Nero as a 40X burner. Should i try the KH0B Firmware instead?

What kind of media is in the drive when you run Nero? I don’t think that KH0B would be any better. Is it detected as a 52x drive when there is a pressed disk in the drive?

will check at home with better media. But i looked in the Drive info it claimed that the top speed was 40x so I’ll wack in some better media and see. Thanks.

It’s reading top should be 48X, so why 52X, Dave?
And it’s probably asked you a thousand times but what is the
command line in mtk 162 to make a backup??
Dos age is for me a long time ago, I tried some lines but nothing happened.

Drive is @ the secondary master, so port 3
When I boot op with a DOS disk, I can’t acces to C: (hard d)
Is the size of the backup small enough to fit at one floppy disk??

Jeroen

Originally posted by JeroenC
It’s reading top should be 48X, so why 52X, Dave?

Oops, my mistake!

[B]And it’s probably asked you a thousand times but what is the command line in mtk 162 to make a backup??
Dos age is for me a long time ago, I tried some lines but nothing happened.

Drive is @ the secondary master, so port 3
When I boot op with a DOS disk, I can’t acces to C: (hard d)[/B]

The command would be “mtkflash 3 r /b /m KH0D.bin”

BTW, I already have a dump of KH0D, so you don’t have to make a backup unless you want to.

Is the size of the backup small enough to fit at one floppy disk??

Yes, it should be 512kb.