LiteOn Combo LTC 48161H Firmware Flashing

vbimport

I’ll be getting a new dvd burner and since i am doing so i might as well turn my OEM liteon to one with retail f/w

My LiteOn drive has a firmware K9H2 which I belive to be OEM

So, may anyone please introduce a good liteon f/w flasher (i’ve seen a few) so I can turn my drive to a retail…

And someone please state the lastest f/w for this drive…

Thanks

CoolieCool

Here you go: (KH0R is the latest)
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#LTC-48161H

And you can use OmniPatcher to increase the read speed :wink:

Thanks…

Is there any other special requirements before i flash the f/w?

Or shall i say the only thing is to prepare to void the warranty lol?

CoolieCool

if there is ANYTHING you can trust from this site…is a DIRECT LINK from the creator of the code

“special requirements” ??

yeah - a Frontal lobotomy will help you

The firmware I pointed you to is stock LiteOn firmware and will not void your warranty. Only if you patch it with the OmniPatcher, for the faster reading speed, will you void your warranty.

Sorry about EyeForOne’s post. I think he must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed. I’ll speak to him in private. :wink:

hey now - I learned something new again today - thanks :clap: :cool:

Sorry about EyeForOne’s post. I think he must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed. I’ll speak to him in private. :wink:

yeah - I apologize – sorry about the harshness of my reply CoolieCool
…my wooden leg was acting up again :eek: :bigsmile:

Lucky you, you probably deleted the post before I read it… lolzzz

It’s all right, whatever the post might be though… I figured it you asked me to search the forums and etc etc… lolzzz

Thanks codeking, but what’s a stock f/w?

erm, your wooden leg?

CoolieCool

Unmodified Liteon firmware. The only difference is that it’s in an unscrambled format, so that it can be used with OmniPatcher, if required. :wink:

I have the official KH0R from LiteOn, and it says it does not detect the drive because of a diff version of f/w.

What makes the unscrambled stock version of the KH0R able to update the f/w successfully?

Thanks,

CoolieCool

I has a feature applied to the flasher called flashfix. This allows any version of the firmware to be flashed to the drive (older versions or retail to OEM).

wow - cool stuff C0deKing…again , absorbing it up

yeah …ummm - like CK said - I was getting out of Bed this morning and my wooden leg slipped on my gf’s panties that were on the floor - and I fell over and banged my head on the end table :doh: :wink:
just kidding = (j/k)

so …you a drinking man are ya CoolieCool ? :bigsmile: