Liteon CDRW, But whcih one?

Ok, the 48x24x48 or the newer 52x24x52 ??? :confused:

Plextors are out of the picture mainly cuz they’re much more expensive.

Are there any major issues with any of these 2 writers under xp pro or in general. Is the performance good etc.

Cheers for the help in advance… :bigsmile:

Originally posted by rallport

Ok, or ??? :confused:

Are there any major issues with any of these 2 writers

Price. Take the cheapest one, which I guess is the 48x24x48, which you can flash to the newer 52x24x52 .

The price difference between a 48x24x48 and 52x24x52 is typically between $15 USD and $20 USD, the latter being 10-15 seconds faster for a full CD, the 10-15 seconds does not justify the additional $15 USD to $20 USD out of the box.

As BoSkin, it is possible to purchase the slower 48x24x48 and flash to 52x24x52.

seriously, that’s all that an extra 4x would get you, 10-15 seconds.

And where could i get this file to "flash the 48 to a 52x???

what about the difference in time reading Cd-roms.

:confused:

Hmmmmmmm, you’ve all got me thinking about this one now.

Originally posted by rallport

And where could i get this file to "flash the 48 to a 52x???

MTKFLASH turtorial
6S02

mtkflash 1.48

“As BoSkin, it is possible to purchase the slower 48x24x48 and flash to 52x24x52.”

Damn cheap ass mofo. What the hell is $20 anyways? hell, i can’t get full in a restaurant spending only $20. just shell out the 20 and get the 52x why even think about problems with flashing to a 52x with a 48x when all it takes is $20? you get not only the 52x but piece of mind which is priceless. i oc everything (cpu, video card, mem) but no way i’m about to oc a burner.

i can’t believe in this day and age some people actually think about $20. hell, does anyone into pcs make less than $20 an hr anyways, lol? and if not it IS possible to have more than 1 job or bring in extra cash. a damn music cd goes for almost $20.

You know what? I just got a 48/24/48 liteon for my brother today and after testing and burning some stuff the 52x is really not much of an improvement and i saw them for $57. i just wanted the 52x because MAYBE it has some improvements like reading music protections better? who knows

Originally posted by YoMama’
You know what? I just got a 48/24/48 liteon for my brother today and after testing and burning some stuff the 52x is really not much of an improvement and i saw them for $57. i just wanted the 52x because MAYBE it has some improvements like reading music protections better? who knows

The 48x and the 52x burner is the same one with diffrent flashes. So no it won’t read protected music cd’s any better.