LiteOn burner not detected in Win XP

After installing LiteOn 411 DVD burner, Win XP doesn’t detect it as a recorder. No recorder tab in properties. I liked using the Win XP cd burning wizard. Anyone have ideas how to get it working again?

try not to use xp buring wizard, use Sonic RecordNow DX came with your drive, or use nero…
xp burning wizard does not work well with many burners… i highly NOT recommand it…

My 411 was not detected by XP in the System Info components section, and although it burned -R media OK it had a lot of trouble reading its own burnt data.
Anyhow the problem turned out to be that the drive was in conflict with another. Try setting your 411 as a secondary master and removing all the IDE cables off all but your primary master and see if it works, and is detected in System Info. You may just have to rehash your drives.

Good Luck

what does rehashing your drives mean?

Originally posted by Mick_ping2k
[B] Try setting your 411 as a secondary master and removing all the IDE cables off all but your primary master and see if it works, and is detected in System Info

Good Luck [/B]

Your 411 may not like sharing IDE1 with your primary drive. Set it up as a secondary master on IDE2 as I quoted. Some say the 411 does not like being parked hard up against another drive also. I think some answers to the 411 problem lie in individual system configs. That would explain why this drive is the both the best drive around :slight_smile: , and also the worst ever for others:Z

“Firmware + media > 411s that works < System config”

Thats my theory anyhow:confused: