Liteon Burner Causes Reboots

I recently purchased a SOHW-1635S to go along with my new mother board (see sig for specs) and ended up having to send it back for a replacement believeing it was faulty. I tried everything from full reformats of XP pro to bios settings and eventually, out of curiosity I pulled another Liteon burner from my older PC and noticed the same thing. The reboot happens when the computer is being turned on. The PC gets to the windows splash screen with the animated bars and then reboots itself. Doesnt matter if its normal boot up or an attempt to get into safe mode. On rare occasions I am able to get into windows but the moment I put in any cd or dvd (pressed or burned) and the drive attempts to read the disk the machine reboots. Ive already updated the firmware of both the motherboard and drive.

I was thinking about RMA’ing the motherboard with DFI but I was wondering if there was anyone else here experiencing this reboot problem with the board listed in my sig. If such is the case Im going to have to find another brand :sad: .

**edit was unable to access the user CP section so here are the comp specs:

A64 Venice 3500 E3 Stepping
1GB Patriot XBLK TCCD 2-2-2-5 @ 2.6v
DFI NF4 Ultra-D
Hitachi 7k80 80GB SATAII w/NCQ
EVGA 7800GT @ 470/1100
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W 17A@12v1 19A@12v2

What is the burner set to…Slave? Master? Cable Select?

Set Windows to show BSOD instead of rebooting. Maybe you’ll get a clue as to which driver is causing this problem.

Remove the NV IDE controller drivers right away, and any packet writing software you have installed. My guess is that this has nothing to do with what kind of drive you have connected.

Last but not least, if you’re OCing that Venice, revert to stock clock.