Liteon Bug

vbimport

I know that this is an old game, but I just got my Lite-on 48125W (actually an upgraded 40125W) and I am trying to back up my previously purchased games. With some help from Gamefreak I was able to get Wizardry 8 working, and after that I moved to Diablo 2: LOD.

This is where it gets interesting. I did a search on the forum and found that many Lite-on owners were have problems with Securom new. I tried the various profiles for Clone CD (Clony XXL generated, Securom, and Game) and yet none of them worked. (And this time Gamefreak I remembered to have Clone CD tray on with "Hide CDR").

I was going to give up hope when I read a thread over on Filesforum where someone had success using Fantom CD. I downloaded a trial version and BINGO:eek: it worked. So it would seem to me that the problem is not with Lite-on, but maybe with Clone CD+Lite-on.

What do folks think? Was it just a fluke? Did anyone successfully back up Diablo 2:LOD with a Lite-On 40125W and Clone CD?

Mage

Yes, the “hide CDR media” funktion in CloneCD 4.0.1.3 works not so good together with LiteOn (and other) writers.
To get backup game working, you have to DISABLE “hide CDR media” in the tray menu.
This little bug have been fixed in the soon comming version 4.0.1.4.

Regards, sven

Originally posted by logicwatch
Have just tried backing up die hard nakatomi plaza without hide cdrw enabled at read / write and then playing on my liteon 24103s using clone3.3.4.1 usual clone settings for securom
all I get is die hard has error unknown when try to play cd !!
Worse than ever sheep friend!!!

The “LiteOn - HideCDR Media” bug was also in CCD 3.3.4.1. :eek:

max_clif hrmm when is this updated clonecd coming sheepfriend? (nice nick btw SheepFriend heh)

… next week…

regards, sven

Originally posted by logicwatch
If theres a hide cdrw media bug why wont the liteon copy using
clone ver. 2.8.4.3 ?? That doesnt use this feature? Still unable to copy die hard nakatomi plaza with my liteon!!!
Suspect the liteon the problem as originally stated 10 days ago!!!
I still feel new version of securom new at large that the liteon cant hack!!! still suprised my 2 year old HP9300 can copy this disc fine with same clone settings as stated earlier!!!

I doubt Clone 2.8.4.3 can handle SecuROM new.

Originally posted by NBR
[B]yes i have tried newversion of clone cd 4.0.1.6

still DONT work :frowning:

i think it has to be somthing to do with clone cd and tha way it works with my lite-on drive (24102b)

also it possibly could be that my lite-on dont read tha backup correctly since it was made with a hp 9110i (8x4x32)??? maybe

cd mate worked first try no problem!!!

Possible clone cd bug??? :confused: [/B]

Hi,

this problem seems to be related with reading, not writing. In other words, it only happens when the image is read with the Lite-On.

Unfortunately we have tried any Lite-On we have and are not able to reproduce this problem. So we need your help.

1.) Read a “SecuROM new” CD with your Lite-On.
2.) Open the created CCD file with Notepad.
3.) Look at these entries:

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=2
PreGapSubC=1

They should look like this for SecuROM new. Do they?

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by fackor
[B]this is the backup from Alien vs Predator 2, this backup worked.

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1 [/B]

Thanks! But it would be much more interesting to see these values from a backup that did not work :slight_smile:

here you go olli here it is :slight_smile:

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=0

this was read with clone cd + lite-on 24102b firmware 5s5a from a backup that i made with a hp cd-writer plus 9110i (8x4x32) drive

this backup does seem to work perfectly it plays back from my pioneer dvd-rom 116 drive,but when i copy this disk is when it does NOT work

p.s. i used default read settings when i made tha ccd image and read it with lite-on 24102b.

good luck :slight_smile:

I sure hope i can help u fix this, cause i love clone cd :slight_smile: but this is tha only disk i could not copy with my lite-on drive.

Originally posted by fackor
[B]this is the backup from Alien vs Predator 2, this backup worked.

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1 [/B]
My AvP 2 disc #1 is

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=0

and disc 2 is the same, go figure.

Originally posted by NBR
[B]here you go olli here it is :slight_smile:

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=0

this was read with clone cd + lite-on 24102b firmware 5s5a from a backup that i made with a hp cd-writer plus 9110i (8x4x32) drive

this backup does seem to work perfectly it plays back from my pioneer dvd-rom 116 drive,but when i copy this disk is when it does NOT work

p.s. i used default read settings when i made tha ccd image and read it with lite-on 24102b.

good luck :slight_smile:

I sure hope i can help u fix this, cause i love clone cd :slight_smile: but this is tha only disk i could not copy with my lite-on drive. [/B]

Okay, now we’re getting somewhere, at least I know where to look. I’ll compile a beta version over the weekend and put it on a server for download, so you can test the result.

It is always hard to fix problems I am not able to reproduce…

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by numpty
[B]My AvP 2 disc #1 is

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=0

and disc 2 is the same, go figure. [/B]

Same problem as NBR has. Good to know!

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Same problem as NBR has. Good to know! [/B]
Yeah, but I have a 24102b and a 32123s with a 1402 reader. I don’t have any problems! (I’ve been lurking here as a visitor for ages and ages) My Hidey thing works if I use the Liteys or my Acer or my ASUS 16x or my old Ricoh.

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Okay, now we’re getting somewhere, at least I know where to look. I’ll compile a beta version over the weekend and put it on a server for download, so you can test the result.

It is always hard to fix problems I am not able to reproduce…

Thanks for your help! [/B]

Cool olli if you fix this, i will be happy as hell :slight_smile: i have ben using your clone cd program before dec 2000 and i love it.
i bought clone cd registration key on 12/28/2000.

this disk that i had the problems with is tha only cd i could not copy in a long time :wink: keep up the good work!!!

i also almost never use anything other than clone cd for copying game cd’s, i just had to test cd mate to see if that worked and it did, so i figured it had to be a small bug in clone cd.
also your software is easy to use, small program= loads quick= low memory usage :), and it is real stable i never have no problems with it!!!

p.s. also where will tha beta version be at? on the clone cd site?

Originally posted by NBR

also where will tha beta version be at? on the clone cd site?

No, too much work. I would just post a direct download link here in the forum.

Originally posted by numpty
Yeah, but I have a 24102b and a 32123s with a 1402 reader. I don’t have any problems! (I’ve been lurking here as a visitor for ages and ages) My Hidey thing works if I use the Liteys or my Acer or my ASUS 16x or my old Ricoh.

yes, yours may work but the copy that failed on me was a backup copy (made from original)that i backed up again and this is when it did not work!!!
this is the backup copy that i tried to copy that did not work with clone cd and when i copied it using cd mate it worked.

the original backup i made, i wrote the disk with my old hp 9110i drive (8x4x32) but when i tried to copy that copy with my lite-on 24102b drive firmware 5s5a with clone cd is when it failed.

p.s. Olli gots more tricks than macgyver!!! LOL he will fix it :slight_smile:
he said he is gonna post a link to it on these forums sometime this weekend, then i will test it and see if it works.

another thing olli i just tried reading that cd again with clone cd.

this time i read it @ 8x with my lite-on 24102b.
here is what it says now.

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

also should it say this???

[CloneCD]
Version=3

i am using clone cd version 4.0.1.6

this is weird!!! :confused:

Originally posted by NBR
[B]another thing olli i just tried reading that cd again with clone cd.

this time i read it @ 8x with my lite-on 24102b.
here is what it says now.

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

also should it say this???

[CloneCD]
Version=3

i am using clone cd version 4.0.1.6

this is weird!!! :confused: [/B]

I am sure this copy would work. It looks like it works sometimes, most of the time, whatever. Here at elby it always works fine.

And Version 3 is correct (otherwise CloneCD3 would not accept CloneCD4 image files)

Originally posted by Bloodstar007
huh, ive had D2: LOD and AVP2 for awhile and i backed them both up with no problem, is this just a problem with Liteon or is there a better copy protection on these games in different countries?

There seem to be only problems with a couple of devices/types/firmwares/… Not all Lite-Ons.

I promised this for the week-end, but the weather was simply too good.

Download here:

This is a test release.

To install it, copy it in your CloneCD directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD)

Please be so kind to test, if your SecuROM problems are gone now.

Olli

check interesting results with diablo 2 for more info olli

I’m having problems with Neverwinter Nights using CloneCD 4.0.1.6 (and 4.0.1.8). Default profile and Securom profile (provided by this forum) don’t work. The odd thing is, when I mount the image file using Daemon Tools and no emulation it works fine. BTW, I have a LiteOn LTR-32123S with Firmware XSOX, and CCD file contains the following:
[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1