LiteOn & Audio

vbimport

Hi. I have my LiteOn (40x12x48x) and Toshiba DVD (1402) on Secondary IDE (LiteOn being master). My Toshiba can play audio discs well, but when I try to play an audio CD with LiteOn, I can't hear any sound. I can see that the track is playing, just can't hear any sound. I have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 sound card, and both of my CD-Roms r connected to the sound card (digital and audio respectively). And in the settings both CD Audio and Digital are on. So, any idea why I can't hear any sound when I play an audio disc with my LiteOn?

Try to switch the cables.

Then there comes sound from only the Lite-On but not the toshiba, right?

Yeah…But I want both of them to work…They worked well before I installed CloneCD 3.3.4.1. I dunno where the problem is, but I don’t think CCD caused it.

I don’t think CloneCD could cause that in any way.

I would have checked the audio control panel twice to be extra sure that everything was right. I’ve often overlooked some settings there myself. (You do use the creative control panel and not the built-in in the OS?).

And byside that there is a new clonecd beta 4 out. For me this release have been just as stable as any 3.x versions.

Doh!
I got it figured and fixed, stupid me…
Thanks anyway OC…

:smiley:

VC15, Do’h!.. Like you said… The fact that you didn’t mention what was the cause made me smile :slight_smile: , so let me guess:

Sound doesn’t work from the burner because the sound card is already connected to the CD-ROM but the CD-Writer isn’t or can’t at the same time

If that’s the case, there are utilities that you can use for playing audio through the IDE cable without the need for a direct connection to the sound card. I use Winamp and got the Digital CD Reader plugin. Sound hoes through the IDE cable instead. It’s actually better because you can use digital equalizers and such to control the sound, which you cannot usually do unless the sound card you have has this feature in hardware/firmware.

Just thought I’d let you and the others know in case you were not aware of this.

SB Live do have one CD-In one digital input and one AUX input. These could all be used to connect CD-ROM’s to…at least I’ve donw it and it works :wink:

My nest question’s kinda off-topic…but I really need some info/help here…hope u guys don’t mind.
I have a Asus CUSL2-C. I was trying to update BIOS the other day…using AsusUpdate…and my system froze while it was flashing…then…the motherboard stopped working…I couldn’t even boot the system…couldn’t get into BIOS setup screen…etc…just a black screen…

Now…does this mean that I can throw this board away? Or is it any possible way that I can still fix it?

I have a Asus CUSL2-C. I was trying to update BIOS the other day…using AsusUpdate…and my system froze while it was flashing…then…the motherboard stopped working…I couldn’t even boot the system…couldn’t get into BIOS setup screen…etc…just a black screen…

Now…does this mean that I can throw this board away? Or is it any possible way that I can still fix it?

If u flashed and it didn’t flash all the way theres a good chance that you have killed the board,im not sure if there is a prog or tool to fix a incompleted flash,i don’t think there is thats why all firmware and flash sites don’t take responsabity when u do this.

You can reflash the BIOS chip using an EEPROM programmer. It should be fine if the chip itself is not damaged.

If you are daring and have another computer using the same BIOS chip, you no access to an EEPROM programmer and feel daring it is possible to fix this using another computer using the same BIOS chip. Of course, I have not tried it, but it has been done before. Here is roughly how it’s done if I remember correctly:

Remove the ‘defective’ chip out of your ‘defective’ board.
On the board with the good chip boot into dos. Quickly remove the BIOS chip from the good board and replace it with the defective one then flash it. If flashing was successful shut dow the ‘good’ computer, removed the falshed chip and put it in your dead computer and it should work again.

Remember this is a risky procedure not for the faint of heart!

Truly thanks for the info…
How exactly does that EEPROM programmer thing work?
…if not too troublesome to explain

hmm…never mind…kinda got it