LiteOn ATAPI iHAP122 9 ATA Driver issues

Well,

I got a new PC today fron cyberpower with the above dvd writer, windows vista home premium 64bit and seem to be having some trouble with the drive. It opens some cds/dvds fine but with others there seem to be some issues.

I have tried updating drivers and windows says the most up to date drivers are installed. I have tried updating firmware to UL02 from both this site and the LiteOn one, but both times it says that is for the version 8 of the drive not 9?

Doing a neroinfotool scan it says my drive has firmware 6L05.

Is there anyone who can help me with firmware for this drive as nothing seems to be working and I cant solve the issue :sad:

Hope someone can help and sorry if this is in the wrong area. Thanks in advance

Welcome to CD Freaks. :slight_smile:

Can you describe the “issues” you having “opening” some CDs/DVDs in more detail?

The 9 series has different hardware. I suspect to correct the jitter issue when burning above 16x. It should have firmware that is equivalent to the 8 series drives but obviously different, to support the new hardware.

You could try the online update program:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-148989/index11.html#post2289070

Hi, the problem I am having is that it just wont recognise some cd’s/dvds. Some cds that were burnt on previous computers are being picked up as blanks when there is data on them. Then the Microsoft Office enterprise dvd-rom we have will not load (it is a genuine original disc). The Vista dvd-rom is being picked up alright so that rules out it being a problem with just that media type. I have reconnected 2 old pcs and both read the office dvd fine, just not this new one. Bit of a pain really as thats the main software we want on it.

I’ll try the online update program as suggested and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Well I’ve tried the online update program and that says there is now newer software as well.

From the description of your problem, I doubt a firmware update would help anyway. :frowning:

Try the drive in another system, if you can. This will prove if it’s the drive or something else in the new system.

Well Ive done the opposite as I really needed office on this new comp. Installing a drive from a previous comp has worked and that reads the dvd fine on the new system, so, it must be something to do with the LiteOn drive. Very strange. It must be something to do with compatibility of the dvd and this drive as it is fine with some dvds and cds. Its odd though that another Microsoft dvd (vista) works fine, yet this office one doesnt. They are both genuine as well. I’ve contacted LiteOn to see what they say but I’m not holding my breath to get a fix on this one.