Liteon and psx backups

vbimport

I have been backing up my psx games with my 24102B and something weird happens once in a while. I read the original disk and no errors are reported then burn the image to a cdr and notice that it didn't work properly in the console, when i make an image file from the backup disk to test it, the log (clone cd 4) reports errors (failed to read sector 134....)
Why if the read from the original was succesful without any erros, the read from the copy has errors in it?
i use:
sub data
sud audio
dont reapair sub data
audio extraction quality = good
read data=20x
write = 16x and lower speeds
ussually write slower than the reported media speed so if the cdr is a 1~16x i write at 12x

is this a media issue?
I have seen this in many diferent brands (memorex, imation, fuji, pengo, tdk.......)

athlon 750mhz , 384 mb , liteon 24102B 5S59, compaq(samsung) dvdrom SD612B BQ07
multiboot:
winme
win2k
win xp pro

i read somewhere that for psx disks you should use low read speeds and low write speeds

and if you want to play the backups, you need a modchip

Originally posted by brenddie
[B]I have been backing up my psx games with my 24102B and something weird happens once in a while. I read the original disk and no errors are reported then burn the image to a cdr and notice that it didn’t work properly in the console, when i make an image file from the backup disk to test it, the log (clone cd 4) reports errors (failed to read sector 134…)
Why if the read from the original was succesful without any erros, the read from the copy has errors in it?
i use:
sub data
sud audio
dont reapair sub data
audio extraction quality = good
read data=20x
write = 16x and lower speeds
ussually write slower than the reported media speed so if the cdr is a 1~16x i write at 12x

is this a media issue?
I have seen this in many diferent brands (memorex, imation, fuji, pengo, tdk…)

athlon 750mhz , 384 mb , liteon 24102B 5S59, compaq(samsung) dvdrom SD612B BQ07
multiboot:
winme
win2k
win xp pro [/B]

if you didnt get errors in reading te game to hdd then when you go to burn with clonecd turn off fast error scip

that should fix ya :slight_smile:

it could be that clonecd see`s its a ps2/1 game and activates it…:bigsmile:

I always write PS2 games at 4X, Clony XXL suggest that write speed. But I never tried writing at higher speeds.
All my PS2 backups are working.

Hold on a minute. THE thing to use for PlayStation backups is Nero.
Choose “CD-Copy”, and don’t burn on-the-fly. I’ve only made 2 copies of PlayStation games ever (on CMC and Ritek discs) and I’ve burnt at 2X on my 16102B. They both worked fine.
To read the CD I used my old 44X Delta CD-ROM drive (more than 2 years old).

These are the settings you should have:

Number of retries before read error: 10
Read media catalog number and ISRC: Yes
Ignore illegal TOC type: Yes
Unreadable data: Continue copying
Data mode 1:
Force raw reading: Yes
On errors…: try to correct data
Data mode 2:
On errors…: try to correct data

Audio tracks:
Read audio data with sub channel: Yes
Use jitter correction: No
Ignore read errors: Yes]

Burn in Disc-At-Once, by the way.

Cheerio, and I hope I was of use to you lot.

That’s for PS1 by the way. I don’t knwo anything about PS2, sorry.

No, Nero isn’t THE software to use. Clony XL and Clone CD work 99% of the time. I’ve been burning PS1 games since December and only 1 has failed with Clone CD. I’d say Discjuggler is my second favorite.

i have been backing up ps1 games for some time now too,
what is interesthing is that a succesfull read and a succesfull write lead to a cdr backup with errors in it.

It has never happened with music or data, i been doing music at max speed read and max speed write with no problems (besides my sony car receiver that suddenly stoped reading a brand of cdr).
data backups are very frecuent and i have never encountered a cdr backup with errors
why writing at high speeds psx data leads to errors?

is it posible that there were errors (scratches) in the original and clonecd failed to report them?
i know that psx disk doesn’t have intentional errors as a protection (besides subchannel)?
"
Is there a generation loss if I backup a disk which is already a copy created with CloneCD?

In theory - yes. CloneCD does real 1:1 copies, including all errors or other anomalies which might belong to a copy protection mechanism. You could think of CloneCD making something more like an analogue copy than a digital copy. However, you would need several generations to actually notice a difference.
" this is from the help section of clonecd 4

is this the cause?

BTW does having regenerate data sectors enabled hurt for this or any other format?