LiteOn 851s with GS08 and RecordNow

vbimport

I just put in a new 851s, replacing my old Pioneer A03, and ran into something - wanted to see if it was just me.

When recording from RecordNow (v4.60), I get the choices for burn speed of “Max, Mid and Min”. On my other systems, all using RecordNow v4.60, but with Pioneer 106D’s, I get 4x, 2x, and 1x as available options. What gives? Why doesn’t it give me the same options? Now that I have an 8x drive, I figured it would just have 8x, 4x, 2x, and 1x.

Thanks!

Kevin

If you go to the Sonic website, you can download a RecordNow update and then install it.
This will allow you to choose specific speeds.
Also, please use the Search button in the forums.
This topic has been covered before.

Originally posted by wesociety
If you go to the Sonic website, you can download a RecordNow update and then install it.
This will allow you to choose specific speeds.
Also, please use the Search button in the forums.
This topic has been covered before.

Well, thanks for the suggestion about visiting Sonic, but you can keep the lecture on the search to yourself. I did it (I’m no novice to forums) and wasn’t able to find anything of value. If you feel I missed something, why don’t you post a link to the thread?

hmmm that’s strange I just did a search and couldn’t find it either…
I could’ve sworn that I saw it here before but it must have been on another forum :stuck_out_tongue: My apologies.

Sonic requires you to have a serial to obtain the update, if you can’t download the update, let me know and I can email it to you.

I’m in the process of downloading updates now. I already had an account, they just sent me the new download codes. I’ll post the results after I do any updates.

I did the engine update, and now I get the available options 8x, 4x, 2x, and 1x. I also get 16x, but god knows I’m not going to select that!

It’s weird that when you “check for updates” within the product, it comes back with “you have the most recent”. But clearly that wasn’t the case. They must have a disconnect between the UI and engine. Oh well, it’s working.

Oh, an FYI for anyone watching, don’t use BeAll 4x DVD-Rs with this unit. It has problems writing to the media after about 3gb. Noticed this on a disc I did initially, did three more and same thing (at different spots). Recorded the same iso files to a Ritek G3 and G4, no problems. Just another case of media/burner combos not working together. It’s okay though, I bought the drive to make copies of my existing material, and for that I prefer Riteks.

You could select 16x and when you hit record it just will say:

Selected Speed: 16x
Used Speed: 4x

or something to that effect. I know I tried it :stuck_out_tongue:

i have the same problem and the pxEngine update doesn’t help…
Some how, RecordNow 4.6 only gives me MAX and the CD burning speed to choose!! …

is there some setting i missed!?

Same trouble here…MAX/MED/MIN…when I burn with Max, although the burns are at 8x, it seems the disc speeds up and then slows down…would like to lock in at 8xs…think the burns will be more consistant. Whoever has the file to update correctly, please email me (badger36@esper.com)