Liteon 851s Support

Why does alcohol 120% not allow me to select a DVD burner from the image burning wizard? I was able to use my 851s liteon to make the image to my hard drive and now I can’t do anything with it. I have already emailed alcohol 120% and they sent me a devsup file which did not work and then said “Have your tried changing your “Device Control Interface” within Alcohol “Options”” Problem is I do not even have that choice in options.

HELP.:confused:

You need to read this and start with your problem again.

Sorry for being unable to burn, but I did read where you said and I was on the screen you show but my burner is not selectable when I try to burn an image. It reads and saves an image to the drive fine but I can’t write it. After I select the image to burn and go to the next screen where I would select my drive to burn to they spaces are shaded out and by only options are cancel or back.

Help would be appreciated. Does anyone else have this problem?

I’m having the same problem as well. Alcohol has no probs seeing the drive if the image will fit to a CD but not if it’s a DVD image. Maybe it doesn’t think the drive is DVD capable?

Any help would be good :slight_smile:

@oneintheeye

What are you trying to burn? A software title, a game? Alcohol won’t burn a CD image to a DVD

I am trying to back up a ps2 game of mine so my son doesn’t scratch up the original.

I’ve given up on alcohol 120% and am using dvddecrypter. It works awesome.:cool: