Liteon 832s

Hi all, just got the above drive and am not impressed with the kprobe scans i get, using Tayo yunden dvd -rs firmware vs04 and i dont get very good scans, the scans i get are below the max PI/PO sugested and the dvds do work ok, i have burned about 60 dvd`s on very cheap media that also work ok but it is the scans, looking at other peoples scans i think mine suck, just wondered if maybe it will get better when newer firmware is available.

Bye,

Ian…

If the DVD’s work, then why does it matter?

post up some scans then…

i have found my 832s write quality to be far inferiorto that of my nec 2500.

I only use it to test scans and such. my nec is my default burner. I don’t wanna start a which drive is better war, so the best thing i can suggest is: try another firmware or change media.

I use yuden +r and they work fine in both drives, but still better on nec :stuck_out_tongue:

However liteon has much better tools and support. grrrrrrr, i suggest you get both :iagree: :bigsmile:

Have you tried using the TYG02 strategy? (I assume this is G01 you’re talking about?) :wink:

Hi all, thanks for the replys, please dont get me wrong here, this dive has writen about 85 dvds now mainly on very cheap no name or info dvd + disks with only one coaster caused by my dog grabing the mouse and then eating it, computer locked one coaster. I am very happy with the drive and maybe with a new firmware i might get better scans but if i dont i am not bothered i was just wondering if anybody noticed the same or if there was any tips to improve things. The Tayo yunden i used was Maxell 4 times write - g01 writen at 4 times and scanned at 4 speed, ecc 8 and 1. The results were:

P1 MAX=231 Average=118,90 Total=1938115
P0 Max=2 Average=0.01 Total=891

It just seamed high compared to others i have seen and not that different to the scan on the cheap media, thanks to code65536 i will try and find some tyg02 and give it a go but here in the Uk its hard to find anywere that they can tell u any info about dvd`s. Thanks to cdfreaks for a great forum.

Bye,

Ian…

No, I meant, writing your G01 disc using a G02 write strategy. :wink: Like this particular post (#9 in that thread…)
[post]627709[/post]

Hi, thanks for reply, very interesting that, i will read up a bit on omnipatcher ect and give it a go.

Bye,

Ian…