Liteon 832s and Infomedia R30

vbimport

I can only birn at 2.4x otherwise a get a coaster.

Could someone provide me wit hsetting/burn stategy swap so I can burn happily at 8X ?

Thank you !!

[QUOTE=thibouille;2016416]I can only birn at 2.4x otherwise a get a coaster.

Could someone provide me wit hsetting/burn stategy swap so I can burn happily at 8X ?

Thank you !![/QUOTE]

That drive will only burn at 2.4x speed as that is the speed they came out with for DL media which at that time was 2.4x…only reason your getting coaster is your letting the drive max burn rather then keeping the burn limited to 2.4x settings. I should know I own a 832S model liteon unit. But make sure you have the last firmware that was made for that drive as well. Also when you burn the settings at 2.4x don’t multitask or use your computer for anything else til it finishes the burning task that it is doing otherwise you will get coasters. You can burn 8x at 2.4 speed and still be happy with the results but you have to not do anything else on the computer while it is doing the burning…this takes alot of resource to do like CPU, memory and HDD resources…

Thank you coolcolors, but those Media are not DL ones.

Those are simple Philips DVD+R 16X certified which is why I’m annoyed I have to burn at 2.4X :sad:

The media is probably not in the firmware since the 832s is really an old drive. Spend the bucks and upgrade.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2016910]The media is probably not in the firmware since the 832s is really an old drive. Spend the bucks and upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I know the media isn’t in the firmware the R20 is in it but not the R30. It does not mean things can’t improve. Why are write strategies swaps for otherwise?

I still wanna use this burner as long as I can, the upgrade is in the air but the computer being old (Duron 1800, ahem… lol) I will upgrade the whole things when the bucks will be there :rolleyes:

You can use OmniPatcher to swap the R20 strategy onto R30 and try that. But it still won’t guarantee any acceptable results.

[QUOTE=KTL;2017981]You can use OmniPatcher to swap the R20 strategy onto R30 and try that. But it still won’t guarantee any acceptable results.[/QUOTE]

Will try that and will report results, may still be useful for someone…