Liteon 812s

vbimport

Just wondering i backed up my eeprom and am about to upgrade the firmware to the 832s from 812s. How would u revert back, u can’t just ommnipatcher and do it?

One thing, i am running the usoq firmware and i tried using OmniPatcher to set the G04 code to MXL RG02 and set it at 8x (the ritek dvd-r, g04) but i get the message that the code is being used but i ignore it and select then 8x. I upgrade it and then when i place a disc in the burner and go to nero, it still saids 4x for max write. Why is this?

By using the firmware on my site you can go back to most versions. After that you can then use the official firmware to update if you want.

One thing, i am running the usoq firmware and i tried using OmniPatcher to set the G04 code to MXL RG02 and set it at 8x (the ritek dvd-r, g04) but i get the message that the code is being used but i ignore it and select then 8x. I upgrade it and then when i place a disc in the burner and go to nero, it still saids 4x for max write. Why is this?

I tried this and I did not get any messages. You must have some other media code switched to the MXL RG02.

At the moment you have to set the speed on the media code you have switched to. In this case the MXL RG02 media’s speed must be set to 8x. Did you want the RG02 or the RG03, which is already an 8x media.

Yeah, u said u could revert back, but using what tool? ominipatcher?
One thing if i crossing flash to 832s, and the next time i use omnipatcher, do i still need to tick the option for enabling crossflashing or leave it as it will be a 832s.

You asked if i wanted the rgo2 or rg03, well which is better for the ritek g04 dvd-r???

The firmware is enclosed in a flasher. Just run the firmware file you download.

One thing if i crossing flash to 832s, and the next time i use omnipatcher, do i still need to tick the option for enabling crossflashing or leave it as it will be a 832s.

Yes. Your drive is still an 812S. Only the firmware has changed.

You asked if i wanted the rgo2 or rg03, well which is better for the ritek g04 dvd-r???

I don’t know. It just seemed strange that you wanted to switch to a media code that was 4x.

Running the 812s us0q should be able to downgrade back to the 812s? then i can use the omnipatcher whenever i want to update the recommended tweaks?

and so i should try the rgo03 to be able to burn at 8x??

anyway i selected that rg03 for the ritek and change the speed to include 6x and 8x and this is the message i get.

Please note that media codes with a “!” in front of them are media codes that are currently using another…and so on…

What does this mean???

If you have flashed to 832S you will have to use the firmware on my site to return to 812S.

so i should try the rgo03 to be able to burn at 8x??

Check out this [thread=100190]thread[/thread] for the best stategy switch, to burn G04 at 8x. Looks like rdgrimes had good results with the rg02 strategy set to 8x.

At the moment, once a media code is switched you must change the speed on the strategy it is switched to. For example, if you switch G04 to RG02 you would need to set RG02’s speed to 8x…

if i want to revert back to the 812s after flashing to 832s, can i still use ommnipatcher to customize the us0q and tick enable crossing flashing and whatever, or do i have to juz run the exe file by itself???

@vdk_au
You can still use OP to customize the us0q, but you do not need to enable cross flashing because you are reverting to the correct firmware for your drive.