Liteon 812s

vbimport

I was wondering why the recommended tweaks with the latest omnipatcher has a different size to the one you download seperately at codeguys.

I know this is stupid question but just in case, i downloaded the stocked firmware for the 812s@832s and i replaced the recommend tweaks with the new one downloaded and overwrote the other one in omnipatcher. i loaded the firmware into the program. The question is can i still apply the tweaks even if i don’t flash it? i’m thinking i can…lol

The one you download seperately is always the latest. The one with OP will only be updated on a new release or if something important requires a change.

The tweaks you make are saved in the file you specified with the “save as”. Of course they wont take effect in the drive until you flash this file to the drive by executing it.

More info:
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/oc.html

damn…that means i have to flash it to the 832s… do u think it’s worth it even i don’t think i will be buying DL media until they get cheaper… (as long as the quality of burning is better, i will)

No you don’t have to flash to 832S. You can apply all of the OP patches to the stock 812S as well. Use the one on our site though here. :slight_smile:

yea…i already downloaded that one. i thought that was the 812s@832s… if it isn’t which one is the 812s@832s…just wondering

is this the one? http://dhc014.rpc1.org/Files/DVDR/SOHW-832S_VS08w.zip

wots the difference b/w the stocked firmware and the official one. And everytime a upgraded tweak comes out and i want to apply, does that mean i will have to reflash it? Using the stocked firmware (821s), lose warrenty?

One last thing, any advantages crossflashing to 832s, other than dl… I just don’t want to mess up the warrenty since i just got it like last wk.

Thanks, sorry about asking so many questions.

Yes. You will need to use OP to enable the cross flashing to 832S.

wots the difference b/w the stocked firmware and the official one. And everytime a upgraded tweak comes out and i want to apply, does that mean i will have to reflash it? Using the stocked firmware (821s), lose warrenty?

The stock firmware is the same as the official, it’s just not in an encypted package so you can use OP on it. Using this unpatched will not void your warranty.

One last thing, any advantages crossflashing to 832s, other than dl… I just don’t want to mess up the warrenty since i just got it like last wk.

I get better burns and so do a lot of others. A few seem to get worse. If your warranty is important to you, stick with US0N. It’s good firmware for the 812S.

Dont Mod It I Am Have Problem After Flashing All My Disk (dvd-r X4) Become Unreadable After Flashing - Even Flashing Back To Origional Frmware…

I Also Have 832 (no Problems ) Als Fails Tor Read Same Disk From The Other Drive

I just flashed my liteon 812s uson to the uson stocked, applying the recommended tweaks and auto bitsetting. But when i put in a dvd+r disc and go into the program “Liteon booktype utility 1.0.6” it identifies it as still a dvd+r disc and not dvd-rom. Whats wrong?

One last question, everytime a new tweak comes out, does that mean i have to reflash my drive with the new tweaks? i’m guessing it’s a yes

Others have had problems like yours and in every case, I know of, the problem has been resolved. Just take things one step at a time and we will help you to resolve this. Please use the first thread you created about this problem…

It will change to DVD-ROM after you burn the disc, not before.

One last question, everytime a new tweak comes out, does that mean i have to reflash my drive with the new tweaks? i’m guessing it’s a yes

Yes, but your drive can be flash thousands of times with any problem. :slight_smile: