Liteon 812s

hi can anyone help me just bought a dvd writer liteon 812s my computer its as installed it but but not nero 5.5.10.15 it not showing in choose a recoder in nero is it an aspi driver needed can anyone help me plz

You must upgrade nero to a newer version that supports it.
I don’t know from what version nero started to suport it, I just know it’s supported in vrsion 6.3.16.

hope it helps!

Live long ang prosper

Originally posted by madcow179
hi can anyone help me just bought a dvd writer liteon 812s my computer its as installed it but but not nero 5.5.10.15 it not showing in choose a recoder in nero is it an aspi driver needed can anyone help me plz

You can still use Nero Burning 5.5.10.* for this Lite_On Sohw-812 but you have to update to 5.5.10.56,which you can do it free by logging on to the www.nero.com web site and select their free 5.5.10.56 update file to download. Having done this download,you can upgrade you existing Nero Burning 5.5.10.* to it and reboot. I have done the SAME thing before upgrading to this Lite-On Sohw-812S writer. In fact you can see the supported Recorder list from the same Nero,s site which ask for Nero 5.5.10.56 for your Lite-On sohw-812.

Good look!

DragonOne

Yep, I agree… Nero 5.5.10.56 is a better choice than the “bugy” version 6.

:smiley:

BTW, Sonic RecordNow DX, bundled with your drive is also working great. See link in my signature.

Originally posted by pinto2
[B]Yep, I agree… Nero 5.5.10.56 is a better choice than the “bugy” version 6.

:smiley:

BTW, Sonic RecordNow DX, bundled with your drive is also working great. See link in my signature. [/B]

Yes, but if he purchased an OEM then he has to rely on his existing burning SWs,which may be Nero 5.5.* and is not a bad choice! I would suggest that one should check their existing CD/DVD burning SWs capability,which can easily do by logging on the respective web sites, for the HWs intented to purchase. Otherwise it will be a costly upgrade!
I have been using this Lite-On sohw-812S for 2 weeks without any costers. I must say I like it! The only concrens I have had are:
a) it is using High CPU usage according to Nero’s report.

b) it tends to slow down a lot if it hit a CD.s sector having ERRORS when it is reading from it, which means its defect management strategy is yet to be improved in firmware-S0F.

Apart from that I am very happy with it!

DragonOne

Here there is a direct link to the latest available version of nero 5.5 (that is, 5.5.10.56).

Regards,

ET

Mine was an OEM purchase, and it still came with Sonic MYDVD

If you got this with your drive, install Record Now DX as per Pinto2’s link in his signature.

Jolly good for free software, and much less buggy than Nero

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jackass
[B]Mine was an OEM purchase, and it still came with Sonic MYDVD

I did’nt know that because I purchased the Retail version! But I did install their Sonic MyDVD full version which is very good as well!
Thank you for the information and I hoped that may help someone to save up money by purchasing the OEMs insteading of Retails.

Regards

DragonOne